Mukesh Khanna to quit Waaris. Character to die in horse-riding accident
Actor Mukesh Khanna, who plays Lalaji in Waaris, will soon quit the show after the death of his character.
Waaris, which is based on cultural issues and shows a mother bringing up a girl child as a boy, will soon take a seven-year-leap. Before that, Mukesh will leave the show after his character will die in a thrilling horse-riding sequence featuring the actor.
“It was a great experience working on a different show like Waaris which focuses on the practices prevailing in the society such as a male child being preferred over a female child.
“Also, the last scene I shot gave me chills literally, and was a very memorable experience. My exit in the show is necessary to take the story forward and I request all viewers to watch the show as it creates awareness,” Mukesh, popularly known as the small screen’s Shaktimaan, said in a statement.
Waaris, airs on &TV and features Aarti Singh in the lead as Amba.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rakhi Sawant took to Instagram to share a video of herself doing various household chores. She complained that Bigg Boss made her a 'grihani (housewife)'.
- Kavita Kaushik called out a man for sending her abusive messages on Instagram. As he apologised to her, she exposed the ‘reality of sher dil men of our country’.
- Rahul Vaidya confirms he will marry Disha Parmar soon in an intimate ceremony. He had proposed marriage to her on national TV last year on her birthday.
- Eijaz Khan gave his girlfriend Pavitra Punia a cute shout-out as she reached one million followers on Instagram. See their adorable pictures and video.
- Kapil Sharma had shared a video of his one-year-old daughter Anayra, dancing to a Honey Singh song, on his Instagram Stories.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.
- Jankee Parekh felt a number of emotions as she left newborn son Sufi at home for some time, while she visited the dentist. See their first photo here.
- An FIR was lodged against Rakhi Sawant, her brother Rakesh Sawant and a person named Raj Khatri. Rakhi's brother has now reacted to it.
- Rubina Dilaik was forced to sell her house after not receiving her salary for a television show, despite repeated reminders to her producers.
- As they plan a small and sweet celebration for their third wedding anniversary on Thursday, Keith Sequeira and Rochelle Rao talk about seeking help from a marriage counsellor.