Priyanka Chopra opens up about Nick Jonas, it’s getting serious after India trip
Priyanka Chopra is ‘getting serious’ about her rumoured relationship with actor/singer Nick Jonas. While attending the Vogue x Saks Hamptons Dinner at Wolffer Estate Vineyard on Thursday, the actor opened up about Nick more than she ever has before.
According to a report on People.com, Priyanka spoke about their recent trip to India. “We’re getting to know each other and I think it was a great experience for him,” she said. Priyanka and Nick had travelled to India late last month on a quick vacation, where Nick was introduced to her mother Madhu and attended the pre-wedding ceremonies of Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta. They were photographed holding hands at the event.
The India trip has taken their relationship to the next level. “It was really beautiful. He had a great time,” Priyanka said. “That’s what he said. I think he really enjoyed it.”
More recently, the two have been spotted wearing matching gold rings. “They’re very happy,” a source close to the couple told People. “It’s getting serious.” Before the India trip, Priyanka had accompanied Nick to his cousin’s wedding. “It’s a huge deal that Nick brought Priyanka to his cousin’s wedding,” a source had previously said. “He’s dated a lot over the last couple years but it’s never been anything serious, so this is a big step.”
The couple has been spotted out and about New York City - from baseball games to double dates with Nick’s brother Joe and his fiance, Sophie Turner.
Priyanka will make her long-awaited return to Bollywood with Salman Khan’s Bharat and director Shonali Bose’s The Sky is Pink.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bobby Deol's wife, Tanya, once recalled the story of how the actor made moves on her by calling her in the dead of night, only to be ignored.
- A picture of Khushi Kapoor and her cousin, Shanaya, taking dance lessons, is being widely shared online.
- Masaba Gupta has thanked her mother, actor Neena Gupta, for keeping her grounded. "I have seen kids who are really bad at what they do, being told that they are kings and queens," she said.
- Actor Varun Dhawan, who recently tied the knot with Natasha Dalal, has hinted that photographer Rohan Shrestha might soon get married, too. Rohan is rumoured to be dating Shraddha Kapoor.
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's award-winning film, The Disciple, will be released on Netflix.