Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone take off on romantic New Year getaway. See photos, video
Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone will ring in 2021 together at an undisclosed location. The two took off on a romantic holiday to celebrate New Year. They were seen at the Mumbai airport on Tuesday morning, as they walked hand-in-hand to the terminal.
Both Ranveer and Deepika kept their travel attire comfortable. While she wore a beige jumpsuit with a long brown coat, he wore a checked jumper and pants with a beige coat. They also wore face masks for protection amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ranveer and Deepika wrapped up their professional commitments before leaving for their holiday. While he shot for Rohit Shetty’s Cirkus, she wrapped up Shakun Batra’s as-yet untitled domestic noir and reportedly also finished the first schedule of Siddharth Anand’s Pathan, which is said to be Shah Rukh Khan’s next.
Meanwhile, Ranveer and Deepika are awaiting the release of their fourth film together, 83. Directed by Kabir Khan, the film chronicles the Indian cricket team’s unexpected victory at the 1983 World Cup. While Ranveer plays former captain Kapil Dev, Deepika will essay his wife Romi Bhatia. The film has an ensemble cast, including Boman Irani, Pankaj Tripathi, Saqib Saleem, Ammy Virk, Harrdy Sandhu and others.
While 83 was originally slated to hit the theatres in April, it has been delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. According to trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the film will release in the first quarter of 2021, although the makers are yet to zero in on a date.
Earlier, Deepika told Mumbai Mirror in an interview that her real-life equation with Ranveer will not be seen in 83. “As actors, you don’t think about your personal equations while doing a film. You are fully focused on the moment and the character. You cease to exist as the person you are and only live the character that you are playing. Our personal equation won’t have any role to play in this film,” she said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, talked about going through depression but not opening up about it. She said that she did not have anyone to support her except her family and some fans.
- Bhumi Pednekar shared a number of behind-the-scenes photos and videos from the making of Sonchiriya as the film completed two years of its release. She included a special dedication for Sushant Singh Rajput.
- As Karisma Kapoor showed off her figure in a new Instagram post, Manish Malhotra and Sophie Choudry were reminded of her Dil To Pagal Hai days.
Vineet Kumar Singh: My career has been built from one-two scenes; I have played the role of a dead body too
- Kangana Ranaut on Monday shared photos of her partially demolished Mumbai office, and said that her 'heart broke again' after she visited the property.
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.