Riteish-Genelia say 'I do' again
After a lavish Marathi-style wedding on Friday, actors Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza got married at a church in suburban Bandra on Saturday.
The Bollywood couple had sealed their 8-year-long relationship with a Maharashtrian-style wedding at Grand Hyatt hotel on Friday.
Riteish, son of former Mahrashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, is from a Maharashtrian family, while Genelia was born into a Mangalorean Catholic family, which is why, the wedding was also solemnised in a Christian way at a church.
Clad in a full-length white gown, Genelia looked her best, while Riteish was seen in a black suit. In a traditional Christian way, the couple, said 'I do' in front of the father.
Riteish (32) and Genelia (24) had been seeing each other since their Bollywood debut Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
While Friday's wedding ceremony was attended by Bollywood bigwigs, Saturday's was a completely private affair, where only close friends and family members were present.
Several bigwigs like Shahrukh Khan, his wife Gauri, Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn, Kajol, Abhishek Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Suniel Shetty, Ashutosh Gowariker, Karan Johar, Shahid Kapoor, Asin, Sajid Khan, Sajid Nadiadwala, Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel, Raj Thackeray and others had attended Friday's ceremony.
The couple will be hosting a reception at Grand Hyatt Hotel tonight, where several Bollywood celebrities, politicians and other eminent personalities would be present.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.