As Kirron Kher turns 60, we take a look at some of her popular roles in Bollywood
Kirron Kher has enthralled us with her acting in a number of movies. Nobody plays a Punjabi mom like her. She has made us laugh, she has made us cry.chandigarh Updated: Jun 14, 2015 20:33 IST
Kirron Kher has enthralled us with her acting in a number of movies. Nobody plays a Punjabi mom like she does. She has made us laugh, she has made us cry.
Today on 14 June as she celebrates her 60th birthday, we take a look at the 5 movies where she's played a fantastic mom.
1. Dostana (2008)
- 'Fun'tastic mom
- Superb comedy timing
- Her confusion and anxiety over her son's sexual orientation keeps you entertained throughout the movie
2. Rang De Basanti (2006)
- This cult movie had Kirron Kher running a Dhaba while at the same time handling her son's 'out of control' friends
- Her quirky dialogues in the movie are hilarious.
- Her emotional outbreak on losing her son brings out a tear in us every time we watch the movie
3. Hum Tum (2004)
- This quintessential Mrs Parminder Prakash left an indelible mark even though she had very little screen time
4. Om Shanti Om (2014)
-Here she played a melo-dramatic, over-the-top mother who gave the audience the glimpse of Bollywood at every plot.
5. Total Siyaapa
- Not a box office hit, but worth watching just for Kirron Kher
- Her love for India, and hatred for Pakistan keeps the audience in splits throughout the movie
- First time Anupam and Kirron Kher appeared together as a couple on-screen
First Published: Jun 14, 2015 19:50 IST