Come out and listen
The countdown has begun. With just ten days left for the Delhi Commonwealth Games (CWG), the city is all geared up. The nation’s music industry too, has been very active. The latest to join the league is singer, lyricist and music director Anand Raaj Anand, who has composed two songs for the Games. The collection is called ‘A common man’s tribute to the Commonwealth Games’.
“Any event can be brought closer to people’s hearts through music,” says Anand. “The songs are an appeal to the world from the common man of India to come and make the Games a success.”
The set of two songs includes an invitation song, Yeh Fasle, which asks the world to come and live the experience called Incredible India. The track encourages everyone to forget colour, caste and creed and rise through global unity.
The second song is a welcome song. It reflects the spirit of ‘Come Out and Play’, which is the theme of Delhi 2010. It’s a musical mix of Indian folk and rock. “I’m working on two more songs, one on Shera (the Games mascot) and the other is Vande Mataram, a tribute to our nation,” he says. Anand has himself written, composed and sung both songs. He will also perform these two songs at the opening ceremony at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Satish Shah chose to wait in line for three hours in the scorching heat to get the Covid-19 vaccine. As he tweeted about not using the VIP entrance, fans flooded the internet with Maya Sarabhai jokes.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Kishwer Merchant said that her pregnancy was not planned. She is currently expecting her first child with her husband Suyyash Rai.