Director's cut of MNIK at Indian Film Fest in LA
Directed by Karan Johar, MNIK will be released in the US by Fox Searchlight Pictures May 7. In the film, Shah Rukh has teamed up with Kajol.
"Cooking With Stella" that stars Lisa Ray, will have its LA premiere at the event. Both the actress and the director will attend the event.
"The Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles is expanding exponentially as both the industry and the Los Angeles audiences discover what we have to offer," IFFLA executive director Christina Marouda said in a statement.
Added IFFLA board of directors chairperson Arnold Peter: "Our intention is to reflect the deepening relationship between India’s and Hollywood’s entertainment industries as we collectively approach new horizons in technology and content."
The closing night will have a screening of Australian director Claire McCarthy's "The Waiting City" that stars Radha Mitchell, Joel Edgerton and Samrat Chakrabarti.
The fest will have other events like panels on the future of talent representation in a global economy and Alternative Distribution Platforms: Technology in search of a Business Model.
Reliance MediaWorks executive Alan Silvers will also make a "Relaince MediaWorks Presentation" on special effects and visual design in film as seen in director James Cameron’s Oscar winning 3-D feature film "Avatar".
Sanford Panitch, president of Fox International Productions, and Uday Shankar, CEO of STAR India, will be awarded the Third Annual IFFLA Industry Leadership Award for extraordinary leadership within the entertainment community and in relation to India.
Motion picture producer Ashok Amritraj, who celebrates the release of his 100th film this year, will be conferred with the Industry Trailblazer Award.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mistakes in films continue to happen no matter how careful a filmmaker is but several years down the line, they just become a way of remembering the film with a smile.
- From rumours of Emma Watson's retirement from acting making headlines to Salman Khan joining Shah Rukh Khan on sets of Pathan, here are top entertainment news stories
- Ranveer Singh gushed over his wife and actor Deepika Padukone's beauty in her latest picture. See his comment here.
- Amrita Rao has said that she wasn't prepared to handle many new mother problems as parents forget to tell their children many things by the time they become grandparents.
- 1962 The War in the Hills review: Shrill, tacky, and jaw-droppingly amateurish, Abhay Deol's Hotstar war drama is the worst show on a mainstream Indian platform since his cousin Bobby Deol's Aashram.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- Spotted outside a food joint in Mumbai, Deepika Padukone was seen struggling when a woman tried to pull her purse in an attempt to sell tissues.
- Arshi Khan opened up about her Lady Gaga-inspired gold dress at the Bigg Boss 14 after-party and revealed Salman Khan's hilarious response to it.
- Mohit Malik and Addite Malik had their baby shower Wednesday and the TV couple was seen in traditional Maharashtrian attire for the bash.
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.