150 children spin Ramayana magic
Spectacular! NO other word can more aptly describe the dance-drama Ramayana which was staged by the students of DPS, RK Puram, at Talkatora Stadium on Tuesday. A mammoth cast of 150 children enacted different episodes from the great epic against the backdrop of a contemporary setting.
The event was organised in collaboration with HT Next. The epic starts with a schoolgirl choosing Ramayana as the theme for a project. The story is then revealed in various capsules through her eyes. The epic was staged in Sanskrit with Hindi fused in.
The compositions, choreography and costumes were all perfect. “Our thinking was not to show the legend of Ramayana through a play, but to say that it is important not just to read it but also to live it,” said Dr Asha Lata Pandey, who scripted the play.
“It was not just a learning experience, but a thorough understanding of the characters like the integrity of Sita,” said Arushi Chopra, who plays the schoolgirl in the epic.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttar Pradesh opened schools in a phased manner with physical classes for Classes 1 to 5 from Monday and for those in Classes 6 to 8, schools restarted from February 10.
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Protest enters Day 96, stalemate continues between protesting farmers' unions and Centre.