AIADMK MLAs suspended for rest of the session
AIADMK members were evicted en masse and suspended for the rest of the first session of the new Tamil Nadu Assembly on Friday after chaotic scenes in which they came to blows with Congress members and rushed towards Chief Minister M Karunanidhi's seat.
It all began when Congress member Peter Alphonse was speaking on the debate on the motion of thanks to the Governor for his address. AIADMK members kept interrupting him, wanting to make some points.
Irked, Mr Alphonse said he wanted to complete his speech and said, 'You have no business to interrupt'
An angry exchange of words ensued, and the Speaker asked the AIADMK members to resume their seats.
AIADMK MLA Kalairajan was then seen exchanging blows with Congress members. AIADMK members also rushed to the well of the house and approached Chief Minister M Karunanidhi's seat. DMK leaders Arcot Veerasamy, Parithi Ilamvazuthi and others threw a ring around Mr Karunanidhi.
Speaker Avudiappan asked the marshals to evict the AIADMK members, who then started raising slogans in the lobby.
Leader of the House K Anbazhagan moved a resolution for suspension of the AIADMK members.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The family of nomads had been living in a ramshackle shed covered with tarpaulin and polythene in a forest area of Devsar in Kulgam district.
- Vaccination officers complained that the Co-WIN portal was slow in responding that made uploading information on it time consuming and tedious.
- The turnout rate dropped on Monday as Co-WIN glitches continued.
- The police claimed that the article openly endorsed revolutionary ideologies and activities.
- The exercise has been codenamed 'Desert Knight 21'.