Underworld not involved in office shooting: Bhatt
"I don't see the involvement of the underworld in this. I have not received any threat from the underworld so far."india Updated: Jun 14, 2006 14:00 IST
Filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt has ruled out involvement of the underworld in the shooting incident at his office on early Wednesday afternoon.
Speaking to a news channel soon after the incident, Bhatt said that he was at his home preparing for a conference in Delhi when he learnt about the firing at his office.
"I don't see the involvement of the underworld in this. I have not received any threat from the underworld so far, although there have been several incidents in the past when persons have called up and abused me to vent their frustration," the filmmaker said.
Bhatt denied that his stance on sensitive socio-political issues had anything to do with the firing, adding that the police would find out the motive behind the shooting.
First Published: Jun 14, 2006 14:00 IST