14-year-old boy playing football electrocuted in posh Mumbai society | mumbai news | Hindustan Times
  • Sunday, May 27, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
May 27, 2018-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

14-year-old boy playing football electrocuted in posh Mumbai society

The police said the boy was playing football with two of his friends when he accidentally touched a grill and was killed

mumbai Updated: Oct 18, 2017 01:00 IST
Jayprakash S Naidu
Aman Kamra, a resident of Marol Hill View, was an only child, the police said.
Aman Kamra, a resident of Marol Hill View, was an only child, the police said.

A 14-year-old boy died on Monday after being electrocuted by a grill in a posh housing society at Andheri (east) on Monday. The police said the boy was playing football with two of his friends when he accidentally touched the grill and was killed. The police have registered an accidental death report.

The MIDC police told HT they will probe if anyone’s negligence led to the accident.

Aman Kamra, a resident of Marol Hill View, was an only child, the police said. On Monday evening, around 6pm, he told his mother he was going to play football next to their society. Marol Hill View maintains the ground and has set up lights at the ground.

The ground was wet because of the rain and Kamra slipped while playing. The police said he tried to balance himself by catching the grill nearby and got electrocuted. The duo managed to find a wooden stick nearby and moved Kamra away from the grill, the police said. He was rushed to nearby Seven Hills hospital by his parents where he was declared dead on admission.