Pakistani #ChaiWala stars in a music video, but the lyrics will make you cringe
The overnight social media sensation Arshad Khan - A.K.A. the Pakistani #ChaiWala is back in the limelight again, but this time starring in a music video dedicated to him.
Directed by Usmais Khan, the music is produced by a Pakistani band called, “Lil Mafia Mundeer”, and the song is called, “Chaiwala - feat. Arshad Khan”. Though it has a really catchy chorus - “Chai wala, Chai wala,” in case you wanted to know -- there are some lyrics that will leave you cringing.
“Jiska hai andaaz nirala, jiska khula kismat ka tala.”
Here’s your first look at the music video:
The video starts in a news studio, where the anchor is breaking the news of the #ChaiWala’s success, introducing the song. The two rappers in the video are taken by surprise at Arshad Khan’s sudden power to attract girls and become famous instantly. At one point, the lyrics turn sexist when they label girls more “tharki” than boys for drooling over the tea-seller.
There is one line that will make you wonder whether it was picked up from a Honey Singh song: “Meri liye dua karo, Katrina le aaonga,” meaning pray for me and I will get Katrina for you.
Khan, who became a social media star after trending on Twitter multiple times, had his first break in the world of social paparazzi when photographer, Jiah Khan, posted a photo of him on her Instagram. Within minutes the photo went viral and he started trending on social media as the blue-eyed #ChaiWala.
Since then, he has only climbed higher by grabbing a modelling contract, and getting a live makeover at the popular Pakistani TV show, ‘Good Morning Pakistan’. He also got a compliment from Bollywood’s King Khan as well.
But this time, he has charmed his way by starring in a music video. We’re not sure how he is going to surprise us again, but for now, Twitter is breaking!
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook hosted a VLive on Sunday. During the chat, he revealed his new hair colour, thanked the ARMY, listened to songs and gave everyone a good look at his arm tattoos.
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.