PUBLISHED ON MAY 06, 2021 12:49 PM IST
A Delhi high court bench of chief justice D N Patel and Justice Jasmeet Singh issued notice to the CCI which had ordered the probe and sought its response on the appeals of Facebook and WhatsApp by May 21, the next date of hearing.
Reuters | | Posted by Prashasti Singh
UPDATED ON MAY 06, 2021 05:50 AM IST
The much-awaited board verdict has been watched for signals on how the world's largest social media company will treat rule-breaking political leaders in the future, a key area of controversy for online platforms.
UPDATED ON MAY 03, 2021 08:29 PM IST
- Facebook blocked Trump's access to his Facebook and Instagram accounts over concerns of further violent unrest following the Jan. 6 storming of the US Capitol by his supporters. It later handed the case to the oversight board.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 03, 2021 12:49 PM IST
Epic Games, the maker of the popular video game Fortnite, has challenged what it calls an "illegal monopoly" that Apple enjoys over its app store, which brings in billions of dollars each year while feeding more than 1.6 billion iPhones, iPads, and other devices.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 01, 2021 06:29 PM IST
- Both Google and Facebook spoke about how the pandemic has accelerated small businesses’ shifts to the web, using their platforms for e-commerce advertising and sales.
PUBLISHED ON APR 30, 2021 02:10 AM IST
“We temporarily blocked this hashtag by mistake, not because the Indian government asked us to, and have since restored it,” a Facebook spokesperson said.
PUBLISHED ON APR 29, 2021 09:05 PM IST
The move is part of Facebook's answer to the trend of email newsletters, led by platforms like Substack.
AP | | Posted by Srivatsan K C
PUBLISHED ON APR 29, 2021 05:33 AM IST
CEO Mark Zuckerberg said the extra money means the company will invest more in new areas of potential growth.
UPDATED ON APR 27, 2021 04:24 PM IST
- While some groups have praised platforms for being proactive in protecting users, others criticize them for infringing on civil liberties.
PUBLISHED ON APR 27, 2021 01:50 PM IST
- The initiative, a first of its kind for both Gucci and Facebook, is the latest example of an Internet giant joining forces with a luxury label to fight the proliferation of counterfeit goods being sold via social media.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2021 01:29 PM IST
ANI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 20, 2021 07:07 PM IST
- According to the intelligence company, scammers used official Facebook logos and shortened link names that resembled the real ones.
PUBLISHED ON APR 20, 2021 03:06 PM IST
- Facebook's incursion into the audio market comes as the sudden explosion of interest in Clubhouse, an audio app where billionaires and celebrities including Tesla CEO Elon Musk have popped in to chat, could be waning.
UPDATED ON APR 20, 2021 07:50 AM IST
Facebook will also create a podcasting feature so users can download and listen to podcasts directly from the main app, which will give the company a chance to compete with existing players like Apple Inc.
Reuters | , Singapore
PUBLISHED ON APR 15, 2021 12:43 PM IST
Facebook's head of renewable energy, Urvi Parekh, told Reuters the company typically doesn't own the power plants but instead signs "long-term" electricity purchasing agreements with the renewable power company.
PUBLISHED ON APR 14, 2021 09:49 PM IST
- Instagram will soon allow a small group of random users to decide whether or not they want to see the number of likes their posts and those of others receive.
PUBLISHED ON APR 13, 2021 03:46 PM IST
The social-media platform has rules against global warming denial but experts say they aren’t working.
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 07:45 PM IST
Covid-19 vaccination: Facebook is teaming up with the Ravenswood Family Health Centre, the State of California and local nonprofits to support mobile vaccination clinics in the some of the hardest hit regions in the US
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 05:43 PM IST
"Facebook's ad delivery can result in skew of job ad delivery by gender beyond what can be legally justified by possible differences in qualifications," the study said.
Reuters | | Posted by Shankhyaneel Sarkar
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 04:16 PM IST
This is the second time UK's competition watchdog Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) cracked down on false reviews.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Mallika Soni, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 12:04 PM IST
- Earlier on Thursday, outage tracking website Downdetector.com showed that more than 154,100 reports of outage on Facebook were recorded. Instagram reported 80,200 such outages and Whatsapp reported 1,300 outages according to the tracking website.
UPDATED ON APR 09, 2021 05:09 AM IST
More than 154,100 outage reports on Facebook, 80,200 on Instagram and 1,300 on Whatsapp were reported on an outage tracking website.
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 07:54 AM IST
- Facebook determined the accounts were being run from a single location in Albania by a group of individuals working on behalf of MEK.
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 07:48 AM IST
Facebook said "malicious actors" had obtained the data prior to September 2019 by "scraping" profiles using a vulnerability in the social media service's tool to sync contacts.
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON APR 02, 2021 04:54 PM IST
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Reuters | , Washington
PUBLISHED ON APR 01, 2021 08:18 PM IST
The court ruled that Facebook's actions did not fit within the definition of the type of conduct barred by the law, which was enacted before the rise of modern cellphone technology.
PUBLISHED ON APR 01, 2021 06:18 PM IST
The world's largest social media company bought Giphy in May last year to integrate it with its rapidly growing photo-sharing app, Instagram.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Kunal Gaurav
PUBLISHED ON MAR 31, 2021 10:19 PM IST
- Facebook will also offer a Feed Filter Bar that would allow users to switch between an algorithmically-ranked News Feed and a feed sorted chronologically.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 29, 2021 06:31 PM IST
"Named Echo and Bifrost, those will be the first two cables to go through a new diverse route crossing the Java Sea and they will increase overall subsea capacity in the trans-pacific by about 70%," Facebook Vice President of Network Investments, Kevin Salvadori, told Reuters.
Reuters | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON MAR 23, 2021 04:40 PM IST
RSF said that a court ruling against Facebook in France had the potential to have a global impact and that it was considering filing similar lawsuits in other countries.