By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 21, 2021 05:56 PM IST
- The six areas in the historic centre and docklands of the maritime mercantile City of Liverpool were included on the World Heritage List in 2004.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 08:11 PM IST
- Premier League boss Everton on Wednesday confirmed that they have completed the appointment of former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez as manager.
UPDATED ON JUN 15, 2021 09:26 PM IST
- Liverpool have been granted planning permission for their proposed expansion of the Anfield Road stand which would increase the capacity at Anfield to over 61,000.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 14, 2021 10:28 PM IST
Liverpool goalkeeper Adrian on Monday signed a new extended contract with the club.
AP | , Paris
PUBLISHED ON JUN 10, 2021 07:06 PM IST
- The 30-year-old Netherlands international has joined on a three-year deal until 2024, PSG said in a statement on Thursday.
UPDATED ON JUN 07, 2021 01:16 PM IST
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Ben White will replace Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold in England's final 26-member squad for the upcoming Euro 2020
UPDATED ON MAY 23, 2021 10:52 PM IST
- No trophy to celebrate this year but clinching Champions League qualification proved a welcome consolation prize for Liverpool.
AP | , Burnley, England
PUBLISHED ON MAY 20, 2021 08:27 AM IST
- Liverpool moved ahead of Leicester on goal difference. And with a superior goal difference of four, the Reds know if they match the Foxes’ result against Tottenham in their final home match of the season against Crystal Palac
PUBLISHED ON MAY 18, 2021 08:31 PM IST
Diogo Jota was injured in Liverpool's 4-2 win over Manchester United last week.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 17, 2021 12:50 AM IST
Premier League: Alisson headed home from a corner to secure what could be a precious three points for Liverpool in their bid to qualify for the Champions League next season.
UPDATED ON MAY 14, 2021 08:02 PM IST
Liverpool moved within four points of fourth-placed Chelsea with a game in hand after Thursday's 4-2 Premier League victory over Manchester United.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 14, 2021 05:44 PM IST
Mane, who started on the bench, turned away from Klopp's outstretched hand at the final whistle after coming on as a 74th-minute substitute.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 08, 2021 06:11 PM IST
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has come out in support of Roberto Firmino, who is going through a tough time in the ongoing season, and wants the forward to once again prove his mettle to the club.
UPDATED ON MAY 05, 2021 11:08 PM IST
The match was called off on Sunday after United fans protesting against the club's American owners, the Glazer family, stormed into the stadium which was closed to fans due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Reuters | , Manchester
PUBLISHED ON MAY 03, 2021 07:44 PM IST
United fans protesting against the club's American owners, the Glazer family, stormed into the stadium which was closed to fans due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Reuters | , Liverpool, England
PUBLISHED ON APR 24, 2021 07:14 PM IST
Liverpool had opened the scoring at Anfield inside three minutes when Newcastle defender Ciaran Clark failed to clear a cross, allowing forward Mohamed Salah to control the ball and fire a left-footed half-volley into the roof of the net.
PUBLISHED ON APR 22, 2021 06:11 PM IST
Chelsea edged back into the top four with a draw against Brighton and Hove Albion on Tuesday, but only by virtue of goal difference over West Ham United who they face on Saturday.
PUBLISHED ON APR 20, 2021 07:38 AM IST
The breakaway league could potentially launch as early as next season, rendering meaningless the race for Champions League qualification that currently involves Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham — three of the six rebel English clubs.
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 06:26 PM IST
Real Madrid produced their best display of the season in crushing Liverpool 3-1 on Tuesday to move within view of the Champions League semi-finals, staging a remarkable turnaround of the type they have become accustomed to under Zinedine Zidane.
PUBLISHED ON APR 07, 2021 09:23 AM IST
Winning the Champions League might be the only avenue for Liverpool to return to the competition next season as they are struggling to secure a top-four finish in the Premier League which would bring automatic qualification.
PTI | , Madrid
PUBLISHED ON APR 06, 2021 06:58 PM IST
The French player will not play in the first leg in Madrid and is also likely to miss the team's clásico match against Barcelona in the Spanish league on Saturday.
PUBLISHED ON APR 06, 2021 12:22 PM IST
- Much of the focus is on Dortmund striker Erling Haaland, who has been heavily linked with a move to their this year's quarterfinals opponent Manchester City.
AP | , Madrid
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 11:09 PM IST
After consecutive eliminations in the round of 16 of the Champions League, Madrid lost some of its powerhouse status in the European competition despite winning three straight titles before that.
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 06:46 PM IST
- Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has ruled out playing Eden Hazard in Tuesday's home Champions League quarter-final first leg against Liverpool, saying he will not risk another injury setback for his club's record signing.
PUBLISHED ON APR 05, 2021 05:48 PM IST
- Yet there was Trent Alexander-Arnold, bending in a stunning delivery with whip, pace and precision from the right wing for Diogo Jota to head home and set Liverpool on its way to a big Premier League win at Arsenal.
Reuters | , London
PUBLISHED ON APR 04, 2021 08:50 AM IST
Arteta's side barely laid a glove on the visitors and were undone by two second-half goals by Diogo Jota and one by Mohamed Salah, although the margin of defeat could have been bigger.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 30, 2021 12:55 PM IST
- Roberto Firmino missed Liverpool's last three games but took part in a group training session on Monday.
AP | , Boston, Us
UPDATED ON MAR 17, 2021 04:20 AM IST
- James has had a relationship with FSG since 2011, when he signed a marketing deal in exchange for a small ownership stake in Liverpool.
PTI | , Barcelona
PUBLISHED ON MAR 15, 2021 12:57 PM IST
Atlético was held to a 0-0 draw at Getafe on Saturday to add to its recent struggles.
Reuters | , Budapest
PUBLISHED ON MAR 11, 2021 08:00 AM IST
Liverpool, leading 2-0 from the first-leg yet struggling in the Premier League after six straight home defeats, had several chances to extend their advantage in the first half but lacked sharpness in front of goal.