Eight killed in illegal racing accident
Eight people were killed and three injured when a car crashed into a group of spectators gathered to watch an illegal drag race (high speed race) in a suburb south of the US capital, according to media reports.
It was unclear whether the car was involved in the race around 3 am (local time) on Saturday in Accokeek, Maryland, police told the Washington Post.
Most of the victims were in the crowd, but at least one of those killed was a passenger in the car.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In the past, Swiss voters have approved a ban on the construction of minarets in the Alpine country whose flag carries the cross.
- Philip was admitted to the private London hospital on February 16, where he was treated for an infection.
- The appointment, effective March 15, was approved by the board of governors of the Federal Reserve System.
- Two other male doctors and one female nurse were also inoculated in white tents draped in green, the colours of the national flag, while cameras rolled and officials clapped and cheered.
- The deal ends the decade-long battle between the government and Germany’s biggest energy companies.
- The man, who has Afghan citizenship, was described by Swedish media as an asylum-seeker whose residence permit had expired last year.