Sui Dhaaga: Varun Dhawan turns a tailor for the Anushka Sharma-starrer, see pic
Even as Anushka Sharma announced her wedding with cricketer Virat Kohli, makers of her upcoming film Sui Dhaaga decided to reveal Varun Dhawan’s look from the movie.
Varun can be seen hard at work at a sewing machine and the actor wears a tired expression on his face - a sign of all the hard work he is putting in the training, maybe? The official handle of Yash Raj Films - producers of Sui Dhaaga - shared the picture with the caption: “Sui dhaage ki shuru taiyari. @Varun_dvn begins workshops to master the art of #SuiDhaaga one stitch at a time! @SuiDhaagaFilm.”
Written and directed by Sharat Katariya of Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015) fame, Sui Dhaaga is produced by Maneesh Sharma and stars Anushka and Varun in lead roles.
Talking about the film, Anushka had earlier told Hindustan Times, “It’s a story of self-reliance that I believe will connect with every Indian. And I am really looking forward to work with Varun and the team of Maneesh and Sharat.”
“From Gandhiji (Mahatma Gandhi) to Modiji (Prime Minister Narendra Modi), our country’s leaders have always endorsed the ideology of ‘Made in India’. With our film, I am proud to take their message to millions of people in a relevant manner,” Varun had added.
Sui Dhaaga will go on the floors in January 2018, and will release on Gandhi Jayanti in the same year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Karan Johar wished everyone on International Women's Day with a cute picture of daughter Roohi and him. See it here.
- After celebrating her sister's birthday, Khushi Kapoor took a flight out of India to visit her close friend Aaliyah Kashyap. The latter shared glimpses of Khushi's visit.
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.