Sushant Singh Rajput’s shelved film Chanda Mama Door Ke to be revived, director says he ‘can’t think of a replacement’
Chanda Mama Door Ke director Sanjay Puran Singh confirmed that the film will be revived as a tribute to the late Sushant Singh Rajput, who was supposed to play an astronaut in it. The film was announced in 2017 and Sushant even underwent training at National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for his role.
Sanjay said that while he will definitely make Chanda Mama Door Ke, he will not begin work on the film right away, as Sushant’s loss has been ‘emotionally exhausting’ for him. Sushant died on June 14 last year.
In an interview with Mid-Day, Sanjay said, “The film is not shelved. I hope I will be able to translate on screen what I have visualised in my head and put on paper. That said, I am not reviving it right away as it has not been even a year to Sushant’s passing; his loss has been emotionally exhausting.”
“Whenever I make the film, it will be a tribute to Sushant. He was so attached to the script that I owe this to him. He had given a lot of inputs to the [material],” he added.
Sanjay said that he cannot imagine casting anyone in place of Sushant in Chanda Mama Door Ke and will rework the script. “I can’t think of a replacement for Sushant. Many suggested that I turn it into a web series, but I want to retain it as a film. It is meant for the big screen,” he said.
Chanda Mama Door Ke was also announced with Nawazuddin Siddiqui and R Madhavan. Touted to be India’s first space film, it was said to be about a team of astronauts and their mission which unites the country. A year after its announcement, in 2018, it was reported that Sushant walked out of the film due to multiple delays.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Anupria Goenka: There are many stereotypes attached to women even today in our workplace, pay disparity being one
- Saif Ali Khan's sister Saba on Sunday shared a cute and never-seen-before picture of Taimur Ali Khan. See it here.
- Alia Bhatt is already in birthday spirits. She took to Instagram and revealed she has received a bunch of gifts from director Shashank Khaitan.
- Taapsee Pannu was recently in the news for the I-T raids carried out at her property in Mumbai. The actor has now revealed how her family had reacted to the searches.
- On International Women's Day, Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter to share pictures with the favourite women in her life. She also said how everyday was 'Women's Day'.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan dropped a new picture with a friend and upped her glamour game. She is currently in New York.
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.