Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma awarded Shiv Chhatrapati State Sports Awards
Indian cricket team members Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma have both been awarded Shiv Chhatrapati State Sports Awards by the Government of Maharashtra.
The awards were presented on February 17th in Mumbai, with the winners collecting a trophy, a certificate and a cash prize of Rs 3 lakh.
Indian cricket Test team vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane has been selected for his performances for the national team for the 2016-17 season.
Rohit Shrama, who captained India in their recent ODI and T20 series wins over Sri Lanka, has been chosen for his exploits in the 2015-16 season.
Former India cricketer and assistant coach of Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Delhi Daredevils Pravin Amre was awarded Coach of the Year for the 2016-17.
Other winners for the accolade for the calendar year 2016-17 are Lalita Babar and Sanjivani Jadhav (Athletics), Riyaz Akbar Ali and Prashanth More (Carrom), Abhimanyu Puranik and Aakanksha Hagawane (Chess), Purav Raja (Tennis), Devinder Walmiki (Hockey) and Dattu Baban Bhokanal (Rowing).
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- IPL 2021: Robin Uthappa was brought by the Royals ahead of the IPL 2020, but the batsman had a very indifferent season, scoring 196 runs from 12 matches.
- Archer and Stokes were rested for England's two-Test series against Sri Lanka.
- Moments into his innings, Hanuma Vihari ran a single and grimaced in pain, and it was at that moment that everyone knew he had done something to his hamstring.
- Former New Zealand all-rounder Scott Styris is worried for Chennai Super Kings ahead of IPL 2021 after they released their list of retained and released players.
- Inzamam praised Dravid for what he's done for Indian cricket, highlighting that his biggest strength was making the players mentally tough, without which India's Test series win against Australia wouldn't have been possible.
- India's fielding coach R Sridhar opened about the tour in an elaborate chat, asserting it will be difficult to surpass what the team went through in the past one month - from hitting the nadir to reaching the zenith.
- Stokes and Archer were rested for the Sri Lanka Tests but are fully expected to be named in England's squad which will be announced later Thursday.