At HT Sports Desk, passionate reporters work round the clock to provide detailed updates from the world of sports. Expect nuanced match reports, previews,reviews, technical analysis based on statistics, the latest social media trends, expert opinions on cricket, football, tennis, badminton, hockey,motorsports, wrestling, boxing, shooting, athletics and much more.
Articles by HT Sports Desk
- Ahead of the blockbuster Qualifier 2 at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, we take a look at the probable playing XI for Royal Challengers Bangalore...
Batting at a poor average of 14.40, the Windies power-hitter managed just 144 runs in the campaign and was eventually dropped from the playing XI.
- Scoring 324 runs in 15 innings at a strike rate of 187.28 with one half-century score, the India star has taken IPL 2022 by a storm with his incredible power-hitting skills in the slog overs.
- IPL 2022 Playoffs, RR vs RCB, Qualifier 2 Match Live Streaming: All you need to know about live streaming details on Hotstar, match timings, venue for the Indian Premier League Match Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore today.
- Rajat Patidar hit an unbeaten 112 to become the first uncapped player in the T20 tournament's history to score a century in the play-offs.
- "The first two balls were wides. The next ball was a full toss. Dhoni came to me and said, 'Stop looking at me and bowl',"
- While he top-scored for his side, Rahul never managed to accelerate his innings against Bangalore. He finished with 79 off 58 deliveries at a strike rate of 136.21.
- India on Thursday entered knockout stage of Asia Cup with 16-0 win over Indonesia. India needed to win the Pool A contest by at least a 15-0 margin to qualify for the Super 4s with a better goal difference than Pakistan.
- IPL 2022: David Warner has named the three Indian Premier League teams with a ‘crazy’ fan following.
While the fans have surely enjoyed the Buttler show, one more face from the RR camp has been getting a fair amount of limelight every time the England star sends the ball across the boundary ropes.
- Ravichandran Ashwin recalled an advice from former India head coach Duncan Fletcher.
- IPL 2022: Virender Sehwag heaped massive praise on the Royal Challengers Bangalore star for his performances in the ongoing edition of the tournament.
- After LSG's defeat to RCB in the IPL 2022 Eliminator, the camera caught Gautam Gambhir and KL Rahul having a small chat, during which the former India opener did not look too pleased.
- In a video posted by a fan, Kohli was seen alerting the security personnel when a Kolkata policeman in white uniform came and lifted the fan on his shoulders like a WWE wrestler and carried him outside the playing area. Kohli sat in disbelief when he saw this.
Acknowledging Rajat Patidar's match-winning effort, former RCB captain and India's premier batter Virat Kohli described it as “very very special”.
- Former India cricketers Ravi Shastri and Dodda Ganesh reacted to Rahul's knock and said the LSG captain should have gone after the bowling a bit more. Former India head coach Shastri said Rahul should have taken more risks between the 9th 14th over when he was batting with Deepak Hooda.
India vs Indonesia Live Streaming, Asia Cup Men's Hockey Match 2022: A big win is not enough to guarantee India a place in the next round. In fact their progress in the league will depend on the outcome of the match between Japan and Pakistan, which will be played later in the afternoon.
- SRH head coach Tom Moody said that injuries to the two key players and a few close defeats threw their season off the track.
- Suryakumar Yadav's tweet on Riyan Parag attracted contrasting reactions from fans. While some praised the right-hander for backing the youngster, many did not agree with the MI batter and asked him to delete the tweet. Suryakumar on Wednesday posted another tweet to clarify his earlier comment.
Rajat Patidar hammered an unbeaten 112 off 54 balls, helping his side pile 207/4 on the board after being invited to bat first.
- Matthew Hayden said Rajat Patidar did what Rajasthan Royals skipper Sanju Samson could not do in the Qualifier 1 match against Gujarat Titans and that is to build on the blistering start and notch up a signficant score by batting long.
- To get an idea about the greatness of Karthik's that particular shot one simply had to look at the reactions of Virat Kohli and KL Rahul. The former RCB captain, who was sitting in the dugout, jumped out of his seat to applaud that six from Karthik. While Rahul, the fielding captain, had disbelief written all over his face.
- Former India coach Ravi Shastri was high on praise for young Rajat Patidar, whose match-winning century broke Royal Challengers Bangalore's IPL Eliminator jinx and sent them through to Qualifier 2 with a 14-run win over Lucknow Super Giants in Kolkata on Wednesday.
- Rajat Patidar's record knock included seven sixes, at least one of which seems to have made an impression on NCA chief VVS Laxman.
- IPL 2022: KL Rahul, as expected, was animated after putting down a catch of Dinesh Karthik, but even more animated was LSG mentor Gautam Gambhir, whose premature joy turned into frustration in a split second. Here is how he reacted.
- Rajat Patidar produced arguably one of the greatest playoff innings of all time by smashing an unbeaten 112 off just 54 balls to lead Royal Challengers Bangalore to a mammoth 207/4.
- Lucknow Super Giants captain KL Rahul and all-rounder Krunal Pandya were not too happy when the umpires called a no-ball for a high full toss from Dushmantha Chameera.
- IPL 2022: There is a bit of history between Sourav Ganguly and Virat Kohli, but it seems both have gotten over that chapter as the BCCI president could be seen enjoying a four hit by the star batter.
- What transpired during the IPL 2022 Qualifier between Gujarat Titans and Rajasthan Royals left everyone puzzled. The speedometer showed R Ashwin bowling a delivery at, wait for it, 131.6 kph.