South Africa vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test, day 2 Highlights: SL 110 all out, SA 35/0
South Africa were 35/0 at stumps after Sri Lanka were bowled out for 110 in their first innings on Day 2. Earlier in the day, South Africa were 392 all out while batting first as they were boosted by a magnificent century by Quinton de Kock but the left-hander fell for 101 as Sri Lanka got the vital wicket in Cape Town Test. Lankan right arm medium pacer Lahiru Kumara took 6/122, his maiden five-wicket haul. Catch cricket score of South Africa vs Sri Lanka here. (David Warner matches Don Bradman)
If you cannot view the scorecard, click here
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sridhar said the Indian team management was informed about their family members not being allowed to travel to Australia with them 48 hours before their journey from Dubai.
- Four bowlers made debuts against a line-up that boasted the likes of Steve Smith, David Warner and Marnus Labuschagne. That the visitors still emerged as the better side is the strongest possible proof that India’s bowling reserve is exceptionally talented and deep.
- The India fielding coach said Kohli had messaged him around 12:30 after India suffered a humiliating loss in Adelaide to discuss the plans for the next Test in Melbourne.
- Jadeja, who did not feature in the first Test against Australia because of an injury, came back into the side for the second Test in Melbourne and immediately left his mark in all three departments of the game.
- There has been a clamour to remove Virat Kohli as the captain of the Indian cricket team. Even though he is the most successful captain in India’s Test cricket history, some fans have sought to change his leadership role.