Adaa Khan: Being an actor today is not just about acting
Today, being an actor isn’t only about the craft itself, there are a lot of other necessities attached. There’s social media presence, paparazzi culture, being conscious about how one is looking even when stepping out for something other than work — and Adaa Khan says she does feel the pressure.
“It’s just not about acting or doing your work professionally. Nowadays, there’s so much pressure to be active on social media, to send certain messages. If people take the message in a wrong way, that again is another issue. For sure there’s pressure as you’ve to always be on your toes, make sure you need to be out there, be involved,” she says.
Admitting that she is not a social media savvy person, the actor says all this is a “little difficult” for her.
“Nowadays, I have started being a little active. I’m a traveller, and the only time I used to be on social media is whenever I used to travel, otherwise I was rarely there. People say, ‘Yeh karo, woh karo’, I don’t know half of the things. My fans also tell me do this, that. I’m kind of a private person,” explains Khan.
The 31-year-old, who has been a part of popular shows such as Naagin and Amrit Manthan, became a part of a music video opposite Arjun Bijlani recently. She says that being a public figure is all about keeping yourself going even when you don’t feel like.
“For every professional, there are challenges and competition, but it’s very important you keep yourself very sane. In these times, obviously there’s Covid, and on the work front, things aren’t how they used to be before. There would be a lot of times when you feel low, but you’ve to just keep going to keep your sanity here. I’m sure a lot of individuals faced very difficult times. For me, I’m from Mumbai, and was with my family. That’s very important, when you come home to them, you have your own people who love you,” concludes the actor.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Fans of Netflix's The Crown took to Twitter following the Prince Harry-Meghan Markle interview with Oprah Winfrey. Here's how they reacted.
- Simi Garewal on Monday said that she doesn't believe what Meghan Markle said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, and called the Duchess of Sussex 'evil' for playing the victim and race cards.
- Bigg Boss 14's Jasmin Bhasin issue a clarification on Twitter after Rubina Dilaik's fans attacked her. Fans associated her tweet on Sunday about manipulative people with the Bigg Boss 14 winner.
- Abhinav Shukla said that Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya did not deserve to be in the top two as he walked out of the show during the mid-season finale.
- Hema Malini was left teary-eyed on watching a video message from her daughter, Esha Deol, on Indian Idol 12. The episode will be aired tonight. Watch the promo here.
- Rannvijay Singha of Roadies fame wished his wife Prianka Singha on her birthday on Sunday. They recently announced they were expecting their second child together.
- Rahul Vaidya and Disha Parmar were spotted watching a cricket practice session. Fans loved their easy equation with each other and showered them with love.
- Sidharth Shukla and Sonia Rathee were seen riding a bike on the sets of their upcoming show Broken But Beautiful. The duo have roped in for the lead roles.
- Rakhi Sawant is disappointed with Rubina Dilaik and Aly Goni for not visiting her ailing mother, who is in hospital fighting cancer.
- Shehnaaz Gill has said that because Sidharth Shukla is 'the complete package', girls constantly hit on him, which she thinks is a problem.
- Kamya Panjabi was married to businessman Bunty Negi for 10 years before she gave up and walked out of the marriage in 2013. In a new interview, she recalls the day she left.