New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Dec 14, 2019-Saturday
-°C

Humidity
-

Wind
-

Select city

Metro cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata

Other cities - Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhopal , Chandigarh , Dehradun, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi

Sunday, Dec 15, 2019

Manoj Kumar plea stays OSO telecast

In a reprieve to veteran actor Manoj Kumar, a sessions court imposes a conditional stay on the telecast of the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Om Shanti Om, reports Vignesh Iyer.

india Updated: Aug 09, 2008 00:41 IST
Vignesh Iyer
Vignesh Iyer
Hindustan Times
Hindustantimes
         

In a reprieve to veteran actor Manoj Kumar, a sessions court on Friday imposed a conditional stay on the telecast of the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Om Shanti Om. The court said the film would not be shown on television on August 10 unless the scene objected to by Kumar is deleted.

Kumar had filed an application in the court through his lawyer Ashok Sarogi seeking an injunction on the telecast of film. Kumar said he objected to the manner in which he was portrayed in the film. He said a scene in the film, where an actor depicting the veteran star is driven away from a theatre and beaten with sticks, had undermined his public image.

He said that just after the film had been released, he had objected to his depiction and Yash Chopra, who was mediating between director Farha Khan and Kumar, had apologised and assured him the scenes would be deleted.

Kumar said the film’s telecast on television would further harm his reputation as more people would watch it at home than in theatres.