BJP raps Gehlot for 'neglecting' water problem
The Rajasthan unit of BJP o Saturday hit out at Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot for postponing a meeting scheduled to discuss the acute water problem in the state.
"It was unbecoming on part of Gehlot to postpone the meeting and leave for an election campaign, leaving the people of several districts reeling under water shortage to the mercy of god," BJP spokesman Kailash Nath Bhatt said in a press release in Jaipur.
The Gehlot government did not take any initiative to tackle the problem, he said, adding that the chief minister after assuming power did not held a single crisis management meeting to address water woes in the state.
"If the Congress government failed to solve the problem in time, BJP would be forced to go for an agitation," he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rajasthan BJP chief launched a programme against the state government, experts see factionalism in the party.
- Additional commissioner, excise policy, CR Dewasi, told that the e-auction for the wine shops started three days ago whereby.
- Two state government officials were arrested for taking a bribe of ₹four lakhs and Naresh Singhal, owner of Paras Travel Agency, was arrested for giving the bribe.
- The brother of the man stuck in Kuwait, said the employer even used to beat his brother and threaten not to let him ever return to India.
- Several experts said that full-scale resumption of economic activity, near full people movement and laxity in compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour are reasons behind the recent spurt in cases.
- Protestors are staging a dharna with the woman’s body outside the sub divisional officer’s office in Bhinmal. They said they would not accept her body till the minor girl was rescued.