Home decor tips: 10 creative ideas and inspiration for creating a statement wall
From accent walls with bright colours to textured wallpaper, here are some of the best ideas for creating a statement wall that will take your home decor to the next level.
Are you tired of staring at plain walls in your home? Adding a statement wall can be a simple yet effective way to transform the look and feel of any room. Traditionally, a statement wall was typically characterized by a burst of colour or a striking element that commanded attention to a space. But, we have now grown to value the entire space as a whole while balancing the weight between the furniture and accessories. Whether you want to make a bold statement or create a calming ambience, there are plenty of home decor ideas and inspiration to help you achieve your desired look. From accent walls with bright colours to textured wallpaper, the options are endless. (Also read: Discover your home decor personality: Tips and tricks to find your style )
Preetu Muley Pandey, Founder, Chief Interior Designer at Pree D'fine, shared with HT Lifestyle, some innovative ideas to create a statement wall.
1. Art: Settling for generic, store-bought artwork that fails to reflect your personality or outlook on life is not the ideal solution. This will not only make your home look like a showroom but will also leave you feeling superficial.
2. Black and White: This works for every space no matter what the colours around it are. Frame them with a clear glass mounting and a black frame.
3. Photo walls: Make your photo displays stand out by incorporating candid shots that exude a sense of uniqueness.
4. Interactive walls: Add utility to the wall by adding a polaroid photo holder, a fun key holder, DIY art, etc. You could also use slate paint to write or draw, these could be fun quotes or Pictionary drawings.
5. Photo booth walls: Use an interesting wallpaper with soft lighting for those insta- worthy pictures.
6. Mirrors: Add a subtle glam factor without making it look loud by using an intricate frame for a traditional-looking home and a thin-coloured one for a contemporary one.
7. Large wall lamps: Pair a custom-blown glass or sculptural metal lamp with complementary wall paint, and create a striking visual impact. This pairing not only enhances the aesthetic appeal but also draws attention to the lamp's unique design, making it stand out.
8. Non-typical art: Using a decorative rug or a vintage zari saree as a wall hanging is an excellent way to infuse character into a room. The intricacies of the design and the cultural significance of the item can spark dialogue and enhance the overall atmosphere.
9. Modify your storage wall: Utilize the necessary storage while enhancing its aesthetic appeal by effectively camouflaging it. Achieve it by disguising it to look like an attractive object.
10. Memoir wall: Keepsakes such as sepia photos, childhood toys, and even cherished lucky coins from your grandmother are some of your most prized possessions that cannot be replaced. Bring them to life by giving these items a special place in your home.