How much did Beyonce charge to perform at Isha Ambani’s sangeet? Here’s a list of most expensive stars
While fans on Twitter recover from the news that Beyonce performed at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding celebrations in Udaipur, here’s some more information for you to consider. Multiple reports have calculated how much Beyonce charges for private appearances, and the sum is pegged to between $3 and $4 million. That’s Rs 21-28 crore.
According to Time magazine, the singer charged more than $3 million for performing at this year’s Coachella festival, but organisers had previously hinted that headliners could charge close to $4 million per gig. A New Yorker profile of Coachella co-founder Paul Tollett said, “the headliners (such as) Radiohead, Beyoncé, and Kendrick Lamar, respectively... would receive between three and four million dollars for playing.”
Beyonce was the highest earning woman in the music industry in 2017, with earnings exceeding $105 million. Bloomberg recently reported that billionaire industrialist Mukesh Ambani shelled out over $100 million for his daughter’s wedding parties, which saw several Indian and international celebrities, such as actors Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh; cricketer Sachin Tendulkar; and politician Hillary Clinton in attendance.
According to Bustle, Beyonce isn’t the most expensive performer money can buy. That honour goes to Jennifer Lopez, who can charge up to $5 million (Rs 35 crore) per performance. Billboard previously reported that a Texas billionaire paid the Rolling Stones $7 million to perform for an hour at his 60th birthday party. Christina Aguilera, according to Radar Online, was paid $1 million for a Halloween party in 2010. Mariah Carey charges the same amount, according to Glamour UK. Meanwhile, Cher charges $1.5 million, according to AOL, and Beyonce’s husband, rapper Jay Z demands $1 million, according to Contact Music.
Isha will marry Anand Piramal - a childhood friend and son of billionaire Ajay Piramal - on December 12 at her family home, the billion-dollar Antilia in Mumbai.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.
- BTS singer V left fans in India screaming after he was seen thanking a yoga instructor with a "namaste."
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.