Raashi Khanna replaces Aditi Rao Hydari in Vijay Sethupathi Tughlaq Durbar
Actor Raashi Khanna has replaced Aditi Rao Hydari in upcoming Tamil film Tughlaq Durbar, co-starring Vijay Sethupathi in the lead. The makers announced on Tuesday that Raashi has come on board and they welcomed her with a special poster.
Seven Screen Studios, the production house of Tughlaq Durbar took to Twitter to welcome Raashi. They wrote, “Happy to announce that #RaashiKhanna is playing as the female lead in @VijaySethuOffl’s #TughlaqDurbar. Team #TughlaqDurbar welcomes you aboard @RaashiKhanna (sic).”
While the exact reasons for Aditi’s exit is unknown, it is however learnt from reliable sources that she opted out due to a date clash with her other project.
Raashi, who had worked with Vijay Sethupathi in Sangatamizhan, has reunited for Tughlaq Durbar. She is rumoured to be playing a Marwari girl and has already joined the sets.
As per a statement from the makers, the makers have so far completed nearly fifty percent of the film’s shooting. Having launched earlier this year in January, the shoot of the project was halted in March after the coronavirus pandemic struck.
Meanwhile, Raashi has a few interesting projects in her kitty. In February, she took to Twitter to share that she has commenced shooting for Sundar C’s upcoming Tamil horror-comedy Aranmanai 3. She also shared a couple of pictures from the sets.
Raashi is the latest entrant to the Aranmanai franchise. The first part in the franchise was released in 2014 and it starred Vinay, Hansika and Andrea Jeremiah in the lead roles. Sundar C roped in Siddharth and Trisha for the sequel which went on to mint big bucks despite mostly negative reviews.
Aranmanai 3 also stars Arya, Andrea Jeremiah and Sakshi Aggarwal in key roles. According to a Cinema Express report, the team recently shot a schedule in Rajkot.
Raashi also has Suriya’s Aruvaa in her kitty apart from a couple of Telugu projects. She was last seen on screen in Telugu film World Famous Lover.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Sahil Anand, recently seen on Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, announced that him and his wife Rajneet Monga are expecting their first child. Check out his post.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Actor Anita Hassanandani has shared new pictures and videos of her newborn son, Aaravv. Check them out here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Meghan Markle has been accused of bullying Palace staff members during her stay in 2018. While the Kensington Palace said that it is investigating the claims, Meghan's friends are coming to her defense.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.