PUBLISHED ON SEP 27, 2021 02:33 PM IST
Former Indian captain Sunil Gavaskar said that getting a hat-trick is always ‘special’ for any bowler. He went on to laud Harshal Patel for ‘cleverly’ picking Pollard’s wicket.
UPDATED ON SEP 17, 2021 10:12 AM IST
Former captain and batting legend Sunil Gavaskar has suggested that batsman KL Rahul could be appointed the new vice-captain, in order to groom him as a future skipper.
UPDATED ON SEP 16, 2021 10:35 AM IST
Former captain and batting legend Sunil Gavaskar is doubtful over Ashwin getting a chance to feature in the mega ICC event.
UPDATED ON SEP 15, 2021 12:33 PM IST
Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar feels Jasprit Bumrah is improving quickly and has established himself as India and Virat Kohli's go-to man.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 12, 2021 07:18 AM IST
Former captain Sunil Gavaskar has urged people to find the truth before criticising the Indian team.
UPDATED ON SEP 10, 2021 07:34 AM IST
Gavaskar cited an example how his appointment as a consultant for India in 2004 had created insecurity in the mind of then head coach John Wright.
UPDATED ON SEP 09, 2021 09:38 AM IST
Sunil Gavaskar weighed in on the possible changes the Indian team might make for the 5th Test at Old Trafford starting Friday, and believes that irrespective of whatever happens, Shami should 'walk into the team'.
UPDATED ON SEP 08, 2021 12:11 PM IST
The former batting legend said underestimating Team India caused England’s downfall as the visitors are now leading the series 2-1.
UPDATED ON SEP 07, 2021 09:42 AM IST
Former India captain Sunil Gavaskar reckons India, in Shardul Thakur, would well have found a player for the long haul, especially for Test matches overseas.
UPDATED ON SEP 06, 2021 05:17 PM IST
- Former India cricketers and two of the greatest analysts, Sunil Gavaskar and Sanjay Manjrekar, weighed in on Ajinkya Rahane's lean patch.
UPDATED ON SEP 05, 2021 09:17 AM IST
Rohit's maiden away century was lauded by several experts and former cricketers, including Sunil Gavaskar, who loved every bit of the technical aspects of Rohit's game.
UPDATED ON AUG 26, 2021 05:34 PM IST
- Former England captain Mike Atherton, who is one of Hussain’s very good friends, came on the pre-match show on Sony Sports Network on Thursday and offered ‘peace on Hussain’s behalf' to Gavaskar.
UPDATED ON AUG 25, 2021 05:40 PM IST
- Twitter was abuzz after Gavaskar and Hussain’s banter on Sony Sports Network before the toss of the India-England third Test at Headingley in Leeds on Wednesday.
UPDATED ON AUG 22, 2021 12:12 AM IST
- Given the form he has shown in the Test series, former India captain Sunil Gavaskar feels it is just a matter of time before the star India batsman gets a big score.
UPDATED ON AUG 17, 2021 01:37 PM IST
- "England is a two-man team. It’s just Joe Root and Jimmy Anderson," said Gavaskar, while adding that India should go on to win the next three Tests in the series too.
UPDATED ON AUG 15, 2021 05:55 PM IST
- Sunil Gavaskar liked the body language of the India pacer, which he feels did not drop even a little as he continued to have a go at the batsmen.
PUBLISHED ON AUG 14, 2021 06:34 PM IST
- India have been pretty average with their DRS calls, and this came to light on day 2 of the second Test at Lord’s when Mohammed Siraj and Virat Kohli combined to burn two reviews in quick succession.
UPDATED ON AUG 14, 2021 07:42 AM IST
- Pujara got 4, 12*, 9 in the three innings in England so far while Rahane scored 5 and 1. Gavaskar, however, pointed out that none of the Indian batters barring openers Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul have been scoring runs consistently.
UPDATED ON AUG 08, 2021 04:00 PM IST
- As Neeraj Chopra won a historic gold medal at Olympics, former India cricket captain Sunil Gavaskar celebrated at the broadcasters Sony Sports Network studio in Mumbai.
UPDATED ON AUG 04, 2021 10:13 AM IST
- One of the big battles would be between seasoned pacer James Anderson and Virat Kohli, and Gavaskar has backed the India captain to come out triumphant.
UPDATED ON AUG 03, 2021 07:19 PM IST
Speaking in his latest YouTube video, Salman Butt said that Rahul is the best option available for India to field as an opening partner for Rohit in the opening Test.
By Aritra Mukherjee
UPDATED ON AUG 04, 2021 11:44 AM IST
- India vs England: Sunil Gavaskar believes KL Rahul can put an end to India's opening woes and partner Rohit Sharma, who has emerged as the confirmed opener in Tests, for long.
UPDATED ON JUL 28, 2021 08:25 AM IST
- In the recently concluded ODI series against Sri Lanka, Pandya batted in two innings. While in the second ODI, he was out for a duck, the all-rounder got a start in the third game before getting out LBW.
UPDATED ON JUL 27, 2021 12:10 PM IST
- England has served as the cradle for all three formats of the international game as it is the country where Test cricket, one-day internationals and even T20 cricket originated.
UPDATED ON JUL 11, 2021 01:11 PM IST
- The legendary Sunil Gavaskar was overwhelmed with the love and wishes that came his way on his birthday on Saturday.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 10, 2021 10:16 AM IST
- July 10, 2021, marks Sunil Gavaskar's 72nd birthday and as tributes begin flowing in from all corners, the BCCI was one of the first to convey it's wishes to the legendary former India captain.
UPDATED ON JUL 08, 2021 09:13 AM IST
The Mumbai batsman was not able to get a big score but his solid technique is sure to give Indian fans confidence ahead of the big-ticket series which is set to mark the beginning of the second cycle of the World Test Championship.
UPDATED ON JUL 02, 2021 07:35 AM IST
- Are India not good at ICC knockout matches? That question has been answered by the one and only Sunil Gavaskar.
UPDATED ON JUN 30, 2021 04:48 PM IST
- On the best day to bat, India folded like a pack of cards and the same was highlighted by former captain Sunil Gavaskar, who feels that had the Indian team shown a bit of steadiness in their batting, the outcome of the match could have been something entirely different.
UPDATED ON JUN 29, 2021 09:05 AM IST
Holding said that the development of pitches in India has also led to improvement in the Indian players' performances overseas.