- It is unclear what led to the deaths of the young people, who were reportedly attending a party to celebrate the end of winter school exams.
Published on Jun 27, 2022 01:14 AM IST
- The landmark ruling by the conservative-majority court on Friday overturned almost five decades of constitutional protections for abortion in the United States, allowing individual states to regulate the procedure.
Updated on Jun 27, 2022 01:10 AM IST
- “Together with G7 partners, we aim to mobilise $600 billion by 2027 in global infrastructure investments,” the White House said shortly ahead of a speech by Biden unveiling the proposal.
Updated on Jun 27, 2022 05:45 AM IST
- A grace period on about $100 million of missed bond payments - blocked because of wide-ranging sanctions - was set to end on Sunday night, fast approaching as this paper was going to print.
Published on Jun 27, 2022 12:21 AM IST
- One person died and four people, including a seven-year-old girl, were taken to hospital following the early morning strikes, said city mayor Vitali Klitschko.
Published on Jun 27, 2022 12:04 AM IST
Friday’s judgment is undoubtedly a victory for Republican Party, social conservatives and the country’s Christian Right.
Updated on Jun 27, 2022 12:08 PM IST
Prashant Jha, Washington
The G7 leaders discussed efforts to further isolate Russia over its invasion of Ukraine, which has killed thousands of people and driven millions from their homes.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 10:37 PM IST
- Worth 12.6 billion pounds ($15.5 billion) to the Russian economy in 2021, gold – a refuge commodity in times of turmoil – is a major export for the country.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 09:53 PM IST
China’s official media has closely tracked the development of the bridge, given that the China Railway Major Bridge Engineering Group (MBEC) has been behind its construction
Published on Jun 26, 2022 04:44 PM IST
- This is the curious case of Sajid Mir, one of the masterminds of the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai, India, in 2008.
Updated on Jun 26, 2022 03:38 PM IST
ANI | , Islamabad
Biden and his counterparts will huddle on the summit's opening day Sunday to discuss how to secure energy supplies and tackle inflation, aiming to keep the fallout from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine from splintering the global coalition working to punish Moscow.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 02:05 PM IST
Calling it a ‘monumental day’, US President Joe Biden acknowledged that the law doesn’t go far enough but claimed it would save lives
Published on Jun 26, 2022 01:51 PM IST
The announcement came a day after Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said there would be an indefinite delay in getting new shipments of oil.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 12:44 PM IST
The Chinese city of Dandong, which borders North Korea, reported seven asymptomatic cases for Saturday -- half the total number of cases in all of mainland China for the day.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 12:16 PM IST
Texas has been among those states leading the charge to restrict access to abortions. A law that came into effect last year bans the procedure when fetal heart activity can be detected -- usually around six weeks, a time few women are even aware they are pregnant.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 08:46 AM IST
Former Pakistani prime minister Imran Khan has alleged that his life is in danger, claiming he has recorded a video naming people who are involved in a conspiracy to eliminate him.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 08:46 AM IST
HT News Desk | Written by Aryan Prakash
Chinese built Hambantota has become a millstone around Sri Lanka's neck as the seaport has landed Colombo in a dragon debt trap and is a commercially unviable with little hope of traffic revival in future.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 07:37 AM IST
- The USS Samuel B Roberts went down during a battle off the central island of Samar on October 25, 1944 as US forces fought to liberate the Philippines -- then a US colony -- from Japanese occupation.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 06:37 AM IST
The 6.1-magnitude quake that struck the east of the country early on Wednesday destroyed or damaged 10,000 homes and injured about 2,000 people.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 05:53 AM IST
- Tens of thousands of rail workers in the UK staged the latest day-long walkout over pay and job security, hampering weekend plans for those already hit by similar strikes on Tuesday and Thursday.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 04:51 AM IST
- WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus convened a committee of experts on Thursday to advise him whether to sound the UN health agency's strongest alarm over the outbreak.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 04:39 AM IST
- The capture of the industrial hub of Severodonetsk is an important strategic win for Moscow as it seeks to gain full control over the east of the country.
Updated on Jun 26, 2022 05:43 AM IST
- "Ukraine can win and it will win. But they need our backing to do so. Now is not the time to give up on Ukraine," Johnson said in a statement on the eve of a Group of Seven wealthy nations summit in the Bavarian Alps.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 04:34 AM IST
- The suspect, who was already known to security services, was arrested quickly after the shooting started around 1:00 am (2300 GMT Friday) in central Oslo.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 04:32 AM IST
- The deeply polarized country woke up to a new level of division: between states that will now or soon deny the right to abortion, enshrined since 1973, and those that still allow it.
Published on Jun 26, 2022 04:31 AM IST
In recent months, China has stepped up its engagement with Pacific Island states, including by signing a security agreement with the Solomon Islands
Published on Jun 26, 2022 12:23 AM IST
- The industrial hub of Severodonetsk has been the scene of weeks of running battles, but the Ukrainian army said on Friday that its outgunned forces would withdraw to better defend the neighbouring city of Lysychansk.
Published on Jun 25, 2022 11:30 PM IST
- “Jill and I know how painful and devastating the decision is for so many Americans,” he said with First Lady Jill Biden at his side.
Published on Jun 25, 2022 11:22 PM IST
- "The city has been fully occupied by the Russians," mayor Oleksandr Striuk said.
Updated on Jun 25, 2022 09:29 PM IST