Over 9k smart classes, labs in upcoming model schools in Jharkhand
- The objective of the initiative is to improve the learning level of students and develop the selected schools into best-in-class schools as per national and international standards, so that students of Jharkhand, particularly rural areas, can compete with students of other education boards.
More than 9,000 smart classes, ICT (information and communication technologies) labs, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) labs will be set up in 4,500 schools that will be converted into Centres of Excellence (CoE) and model schools in the next five years, officials said on Tuesday.
The objective of the initiative is to improve the learning level of students and develop the selected schools into best-in-class schools as per national and international standards, so that students of Jharkhand, particularly rural areas, can compete with students of other education boards.
The state school education and literacy department has already shown interest for setting up digital infrastructure in the selected schools. The department aims to start at least 80 such schools in the current academic session.
Deputy director of primary education wing of the department Ratan Mahawar said Jharkhand Education Project Council (JEPC) has identified the 4,500 schools which are to be converted into model schools in the next five years in different blocks of the state.
For this purpose, existing schools, at district, municipal area, block and panchayat levels, have been identified.
The department has prioritised 325 model schools for the initial phases. There are proposals to set up 80 CoEs that will be equipped with all digital infrastructure, he said. The schools have also been identified for the purpose.
He said, “We are making efforts to start 80 CoEs from this current academic year. Rest 4,400 schools would be converted into model schools in a phased manner.”
As per the department’s plan, at least six smart classes would be set up in CoE schools and two smart classes in the rest of the 4,400 model schools. Under ICT labs, 30 computer systems would be installed at each CoE and 20 computer systems at each of the 325 prioritised model schools, officials said.
Besides, one STEM lab will be set up at each of the 80 CoEs and 325 prioritised model schools. Under personnel adaptive learning, 40 tablets would be provided to each CoE.
The aforementioned digital infrastructure will be provided in the schools in a bid to enable teachers to teach efficiently as well as to build digital skills, officials said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education on Monday declared class 12 annual 2020 (Regular) Kashmir division results in which 82% students passed.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- UP Board, will conduct its class 10 (high school) and class 12 (intermediate) examinations-2021 at 729 additional centres spread across the state as compared to last year owing to the Covid pandemic.
- CBSE, ICSE and many other state boards have announced the dates for board examinations and students appearing in the exams must be a anxious lot by now.
- Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE) has released the timetable for ICSE (Class 10) and ISC (Class 12) examinations 2021.
- Maharashtra class 10 and 12 exam schedule 2021: Students who will appear for Maharashtra class 10 and 12 board examinations 2021 can check the schedule online at mahahsscboard.in.
- RBSE 10th, 12th board examination schedule 2021: Students registered to appear in the RBSE board examination 2021 can check the schedule online at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in.