Low calorie foods to speed up weight loss, 6 things you must eat
When it comes to weight loss, the golden rule is to opt for foods that are low in calories, keep you satiated for long and keep you in calorie deficit, basically burn more than you eat.
You’ll see results only when you maintain a calorie deficit diet. No amount of hard work in the gym will pay off if your diet is not regulated.
So here are some surprising foods that have the lowest calories and help weight loss.
1) Sugarcane juice: This refreshing drink is not only tasty but also healthy. “Sugarcane juice is a super fluid as it does not have any empty calories,” says nutritionist Iram Zaidi. Sugarcane juice is also a good way to keep your body cool. It’s the perfect pre-workout or post-workout drink.
2) Arugula: This green leafy vegetable is a perfect addition to your healthy salad. It adds crunch, flavour while keeping the total calorie count super low. It has a lovely nutty and peppery flavour, which packs in a lot of taste into mundane salads. “Arugula is a good addition to salads and soups. It is packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals,” she adds. It has a lovely nutty and peppery flavour, which packs in a lot of taste into mundane salads.
3) Broccoli: Add it to your stir fry or an oil-free pulao, broccoli is a wonder vegetable. “It has high levels of antioxidants and lowest calories,” says Zaidi.
4) Stevia: You know by now that your biggest enemy is sugar. It is best to completely avoid empty sugar. But if you can’t get yourself to do that yet, then opt for substitutes such as stevia, organic honey or jaggery.
5) Bok choy: Kale and spinach are often seen as the heroes of healthy eating. But bok choy has been silently championing the cause of weight loss for years. It is filled with vitamin C, A and loads of antioxidants.
6) Mushrooms: Nutritionist Ritesh Bawri swears by the benefits of mushrooms. Relatively low on calories, you can spruce it up by adding it to stir fry, salads etc. “Mushrooms are also high in vital minerals and nutrients, making it the perfect go-to healthy food,” he adds.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A recent snippet from Alia Bhatt's gym session has gone viral on the internet and her fans are in awe of the actor and her body transformation.
- Recently, images of Ananya Panday nailing various variations of the Chakrasana landed on the internet and left her fans speechless. Have you seen them yet?
- A new study has revealed that postmenopausal women who consume lots of plant-based protein are less likely to die suddenly or have cardiovascular infections and dementia-related demise.
- Rakul Preet recently climbed the 'pawri ho rai hai' bandwagon and gave it a healthy twist. The actor was seen doing Yoga on the famous track and we are impressed.