indian national congress]
This group of 18 parties holds the promise of a united fight against the formidable Bharatiya Janata Party-led NDA in the 2024 polls
Updated on Oct 29, 2021 04:38 AM IST
“We want an alliance to be formed against the BJP. We have said this to the Congress, too. But it is least bothered and shows a lackadaisical approach,” the TMC said in its mouthpiece daily newspaper ‘Jago Bangla’.
Published on Oct 28, 2021 06:57 PM IST
Written by Srivatsan K C | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
In mid-October, the Congress party finalised the election schedule that will start on April 16 next year, kicking off with polls for the block-level committees.
Updated on Oct 29, 2021 03:13 AM IST
Lalu Prasad Yadav will be addressing one meeting each in both the assembly constituencies going for by-polls, according to party functionaries familiar with the matter.
Updated on Oct 27, 2021 08:30 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The Congress earlier on Tuesday held a meeting of party leaders to decide a strategy for the upcoming legislative elections in the five states.
Published on Oct 26, 2021 05:47 PM IST
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Sohini Goswami, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The former Punjab CM is expected to formally resign from the Congress tomorrow, and announce his own political party.
Published on Oct 26, 2021 04:15 PM IST
Sonia Gandhi emphasised the need for discipline and unity within the party, adding that “the strengthening of the organisation must override personal ambitions”.
Updated on Oct 27, 2021 07:12 AM IST
- In a letter to all state Congress chiefs, All India Congress Committee general secretary (organisation) KC Venugopal asked them to turn the membership drive for organisational polls into a “mass campaign process”.
Published on Oct 26, 2021 06:43 AM IST
Written by Susmita Pakrasi | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Held between October 1951 and February 1952, the first election was a carnival of celebration, a festival of avowal, a rite of anointment by the people of India of the great cast of the theatre of Swaraj
Updated on Oct 25, 2021 12:00 PM IST
- The membership form designed by the Congress ahead of its membership drive launch outlines 10 points for a personal declaration by those willing to join the party.
Published on Oct 23, 2021 09:06 PM IST
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
In his no-holds-barred attack, Singh also questioned the Congress’s tie-up with Shiv Sena, asking Harish Rawat if it was okay to join forces with so-called communal parties if it suited the party’s purpose
Updated on Oct 22, 2021 01:41 AM IST
HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Chandigarh
Former PDP leader Tariq Hameed Karra, who joined the Congress in 2017, made these remarks, BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra said, citing a media report.
Published on Oct 18, 2021 01:59 PM IST
Rahul Gandhi, who quit in 2019 following his party’s dismal showing in the Lok Sabha polls -- it won 54 of the 543 seats in the house -- said he needed time to think about this, people present at the meeting said on condition of anonymity.
Updated on Oct 17, 2021 12:15 AM IST
- This announcement comes hours after the party's top decision-making body, Congress Working Committee’s (CWC), met in-person on Saturday
Updated on Oct 16, 2021 05:40 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Avik Roy, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Navjot Singh Sidhu met Rahul Gandhi at the latter's residence in New Delhi after months of turmoil in the Punjab Congress which eventually saw the ouster of Captain Amarinder Singh as the chief minister.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 09:56 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Kunal Gaurav, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Bhutan and China signed an agreement on a “three-step roadmap” for expediting the boundary negotiations.
Published on Oct 15, 2021 07:21 PM IST
- Congress seems to have managed the process efficiently in its parliamentary wings.
Updated on Oct 15, 2021 04:52 AM IST
- The meeting between Sidhu and the senior leadership of Congress is first since September 28, when he posted his resignation on social media.
Updated on Oct 14, 2021 06:20 AM IST
Written by Shivani Kumar | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Action was initiated against the duo after a video surfaced in which the two leaders were reportedly heard talking about Shivakumar and “his people” taking money
Published on Oct 13, 2021 04:59 PM IST
The seven-member delegation, led by Rahul Gandhi, will meet the President at 11:30am, and submit a ‘memorandum of facts.’
Published on Oct 12, 2021 01:40 PM IST
The four farmers were mowed down by an SUV while they were returning from the protest against the Centre’s three farm laws in Lakhimpur Kheri on October 3.
Published on Oct 10, 2021 01:52 PM IST
In the now-deleted post, the party said that a seven member delegation led by Rahul Gandhi would share with the President a ‘memorandum of facts.'
Published on Oct 10, 2021 12:29 PM IST
BJP leader, Haryana home minister Anil Vij said Navjot Sidhu's 'maun vrat' is actually beneficial for Congress and the country.
Published on Oct 09, 2021 08:06 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Poulomi Ghosh
Demanding the arrest of Ashish Mishra, Sidhu started the hunger strike on Friday at the Lakhimpur residence of late journalist Raman Kashyap, who was among the eight people killed in the October 3 violence.
Updated on Oct 09, 2021 12:16 PM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The poll strategist explained that this was because of ‘deep-rooted problems’ within the Grand Old Party.
Published on Oct 08, 2021 01:26 PM IST
The Bharatiya Janata Party has fielded Himmat Singh Jhala from Vallabhnagar (Udaipur) and Khet Singh Meena from Dhariawad (Pratapgarh) assembly seats.
Published on Oct 07, 2021 05:08 PM IST
Lakhimpur Kheri violence: A major political storm ravages Uttar Pradesh, with opposition parties accusing the ruling BJP government of shielding the culprits.
Updated on Oct 07, 2021 08:11 PM IST
Rahul Gandhi slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who visited Lucknow for launching various projects on Tuesday, saying he did not visit Lakhimpur Kheri.
Published on Oct 06, 2021 10:32 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The results have been a major setback for Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) that won two and one seats respectively.
Published on Oct 05, 2021 02:31 PM IST
Priyanka Gandhi, who landed at Lucknow airport on Sunday night, was initially stopped at her residence and as she tried to leave for Lakhimpur Kheri.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 12:41 PM IST