By hindustantimes.com | Written by Kunal Gaurav
PUBLISHED ON SEP 15, 2021 07:57 PM IST
- In a statement carried by North Korean state media, Kim Yo Jong said that Moon's remark was inappropriate, warning a “complete destruction” of ties with the South.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 09, 2021 10:24 AM IST
North Korea often celebrates major state anniversaries by displaying thousands of goose-stepping troops and its most advanced military hardware in parades at Kim Il Sung Square.
PUBLISHED ON SEP 02, 2021 11:16 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON AUG 31, 2021 07:33 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Kunal Gaurav, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON AUG 31, 2021 04:49 PM IST
- The UN Security Council has passed multiple resolutions to impose a wide range of sanctions on North Korea over its nuclear activities but the secretive regime continues to violate regulatory norms.
UPDATED ON AUG 04, 2021 06:15 PM IST
- The UN Security Council has passed resolutions imposing a wide range of sanctions on North Korea over its nuclear programs and intercontinental ballistic missiles tests.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 28, 2021 09:26 AM IST
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un disappeared from the public eye for about a month. When he reappeared, the state-run media and people of the country started expressing concerns about his weight loss.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Ayshee Bhaduri, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 27, 2021 08:08 PM IST
- North Korea analysts said Kim Jong Un appeared to have lost weight as the strap of his expensive watch appeared tighter and his face looked significantly thinner
PUBLISHED ON JUN 22, 2021 07:32 PM IST
PUBLISHED ON JUN 20, 2021 09:06 PM IST
- Last month, US President Joe Biden rejected his predecessor’s approach to North Korea and its nuclear program, saying he would not give Kim Jong Un any “international recognition”.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Joydeep Bose
PUBLISHED ON JUN 20, 2021 05:37 AM IST
The United States has been urging North Korea to abandon its nuclear ambition and return to diplomatic talks, which remain stalled amid economic crises made worse by the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh
PUBLISHED ON JUN 19, 2021 10:13 PM IST
North Korea's food crisis started as the country closed its borders and stopped trade in 2020 when the Covid-19 pandemic broke out. Now the crisis has deepened and Kim Jong Un has reportedly accepted the crisis.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Joydeep Bose
PUBLISHED ON JUN 19, 2021 06:33 AM IST
As the head of North Korea's central leadership organ, Kim Jong Un pointed out "serious problems" with the lifestyles of some of the members of the party leadership, KCNA reported. To this, the party members expressed "remorse for failing to live up to the expectations."
AP | , Seoul
PUBLISHED ON JUN 16, 2021 02:44 PM IST
- North Korea's economy has deteriorated amid pandemic border closures, which choked off trade with China, while devastating typhoons and floods last summer decimated crops.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 15, 2021 03:44 PM IST
- Yeonmi Park, 27, said she found a lot of similarities between America, a democracy, and North Korea, a country under Kim Jong Un's totalitarian dictatorship.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 11, 2021 03:05 PM IST
- In recent months, Kim Jong Un and North Korean state media have been rallying against South Korean pop culture, including movies, K-dramas and K-pop videos.
UPDATED ON JUN 10, 2021 06:47 AM IST
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's weight has long been tracked by spy agencies for clues about about the stability of his autocratic and secretive regime, especially since his family has a history of heart disease.
AP | , Seoull
PUBLISHED ON JUN 08, 2021 10:08 AM IST
The North Korean economy has been crippled by decades of mismanagement, US-led sanctions over Kim's nuclear weapons program and the coronavirus pandemic.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 05, 2021 07:01 AM IST
Wearing his signature black Mao suit, Kim said it was time to take “additional state measures for solving pending problems urgent for the economic work and people’s living,”
Reuters | | Posted by Kunal Gaurav
PUBLISHED ON JUN 01, 2021 02:24 PM IST
Kim Jong Un cemented his power at a congress of the Workers' Party of Korea in January, when he was elected its general secretary, taking a title last held by his late father, Kim Jong Il.
AFP | , Pyongyang
PUBLISHED ON APR 06, 2021 03:50 PM IST
- North Korea's sports ministry cited Covid-19 as a reason to not attend this year's Games.
Reuters | , Geneva
PUBLISHED ON MAR 10, 2021 10:36 PM IST
Tomas Ojea-Quintana urged the UN Security Council to refer grave violations in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) to the International Criminal Court for prosecution.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 06, 2021 03:22 PM IST
- Citing "images, data and calculations", the new report claimed at least 121 shipments of refined petroleum products -- such as gasoline and diesel -- were delivered to North Korea by an unnamed member state's tankers and others.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 08:54 PM IST
According to the report, Pyongyang had been operating a "pyramid fraud-like" scheme to force those held in prison camps to produce quotas of coal and other goods for export.
AFP | | Posted by Kanishka Sarkar
PUBLISHED ON FEB 22, 2021 09:31 AM IST
During the Singapore summit, Trump gave Kim a glimpse inside his presidential state car -- a $1.5 million Cadillac also known as "The Beast" -- in a show of their newly friendly rapport.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 17, 2021 07:18 AM IST
Ri and Kim smiled as they watched the concert at Mansudae Art Theatre in the capital of Pyongyang.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 10, 2021 05:43 AM IST
Kim, who cemented his power at January's party congress with his election as general secretary, further discussed Pyongyang's five-year policy plan on the second day of the plenary meeting on Tuesday.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 16, 2021 09:07 AM IST
The next step is for him to fire them into the air to get President-elect Joe Biden’s attention.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 13, 2021 10:45 AM IST
The development is a surprise because Kim Yo Jong, who became an alternate member of the Politburo last year, was widely expected to receive a full bureau membership during a ruling Workers’ Party congress that ended Tuesday.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 13, 2021 06:52 AM IST
The eight-day Workers’ Party congress that ended Tuesday came as Kim Jong Un faces what appears to be the toughest moment of his nine-year rule.