'I'm enjoying my time off'
How have the last four months been since you resigned from Balaji Telefilms?
Fabulous. I’m thoroughly enjoying my time off. Sneha and I’ve been travelling a lot. Finally, I’m able to find time for friends and family .
What are you planning?
I’ve started looking for work now. I’ve been offered some shows but nothing has been finalised. It’ll take a month to announce my new project. It will be a daily show for sure.
Has Balaji approached you?
No! And neither have I asked them for work. Other producers have evinced interest to work with me. But that doesn’t mean I share a bad equation with the production house. In fact, I have great respect for Balaji and owe a lot to them. If I sign a show with another producer, it should never be seen as a fall out.
Do you have the pressure of repeating a success like
Kaisa Yeh Pyar Hai?
Of course, the pressure of doing better always lurks in the sub-conscious. I always believe in giving my best and leaving the rest to God. Otherwise, I’m never worried about things.
How has marriage changed you?
Everyone seems asking me the same question. Well, to some extent it has changed me. Earlier it used to be work and then I’d go to meet Sneha. Now, I don’t have to go anywhere. I return home and Sneha is with me. Now, when I discuss new projects, I do convey that I won’t work beyond certain hours. That’s the only aspect in which marriage has changed me.
Are you looking at films?
What interests me is the quality of the work being offered, no matter the medium. I can’t be captive to a particular medium. Right now, it's television and I'm enjoying it. If a good film script comes way, I would surely consider it.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.