New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Oct 22, 2020-Thursday
-°C

Humidity
-

Wind
-

Select Country
Select city
ADVERTISEMENT
Home / Education / 11% of job seekers have discrepancy in their resumes: Report

11% of job seekers have discrepancy in their resumes: Report

The report is based on data collected from background verifications and reference checks conducted by First Advantage across India.

education Updated: Mar 08, 2016, 16:20 IST
PTI, New Delhi
The report is based on data collected from background verifications and reference checks conducted by First Advantage across India.
The report is based on data collected from background verifications and reference checks conducted by First Advantage across India.(Shutterstock)

Employment-related discrepancies continue to be high in the October-December quarter of 2015 as more than 11% of job seekers have some form of discrepancy or the other in their resume, a report says.

The discrepancy percentage has maintained the high trend at 11.6% in the fourth quarter of 2015, which means that out of every 100 candidates screened, 11 were found to have mismatches in one or more components, First Advantage said in a report titled ‘Background Screening Trends Report: India’.

The figure for the previous quarter (July-September) of 2015 stood at 11%. The report is based on data collected from background verifications and reference checks conducted by First Advantage across India.

The results of the report are segmented under critical discrepancy types -- employment, education, financial-related, address, and database -- that examine the discrepancy breakdown by verticals, states, regions, industry, age, gender and the like.

In the fourth quarter of 2015, males with anomalies constituted 80% and females the remaining 20%.

The highest discrepancy was noted in the BFSI sector at 38% followed by IT at 23%. The maximum increase in employment discrepancies was recorded in the engineering sector (from 10.5% in Q3 of 2015 to 13.8% in Q4 of 2015) followed by healthcare and pharma (from 10.7% to 12.2%).

The incorrect entries related to employment, address and education components were at 59.3%, 12.3% and 5.1%, respectively.

Read more: One-para CV helped Gajendra Chauhan become FTII chief

“With the latest economic developments indicating an aggressive hiring trend in coming quarters, employers are looking for best hiring and screening practices that will allow them to make judicious decisions for keeping their employees productive and safe,” First Advantage India Managing Director and Senior V-P Purushotam Savlani said.

ht epaper

Sign In to continue reading