CBSE Class 12 maths exam 2018 tomorrow: Last minute tips for students
CBSE Class 12 math exam tips: It is only through practise and time management that one can score high in CBSE board maths exam.Updated: Mar 20, 2018 16:14 IST
Students of Class 12 will be appearing for their mathematics paper under the ongoing board examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on March 21.
With the exam just around the corner, the students would be busy doing the last minute preparations.
While some students dread the subject, there are others who use its scoring nature to boost their overall percentage. Even though they may have practised the problems several times, students are sometimes not confident enough. It is only through practise and time management that one can score high in mathematics at the board exams.
Here are last-minute tips that will enhance your performance:
• Revise list of all important formulae and concepts
• Understand the usage of the formulae
• If there are any doubts, clear them as soon as possible from your teachers
• Focus on NCERT books for studying as a majority of exam revolves around them. Also, practice questions from other books in addition to NCERT
• Practice a few questions from previous chapters as you study a new chapter. This will make sure you stay in touch with the concepts
• Revise and practice writing down the steps for solving a question as the process also gains marks
• Feel free to think out your answers on rough paper. It helps in understanding the question quicker and you can use a column in your answer sheet for rough work during exams
• Practice answering previous year papers and sample papers within the time limit of the official exam
• Quickly identify your weak areas
• Increase your speed in answering to be able to complete the exam and have some time for revision
• Long answer questions are scoring and are generally from Algebra, Three Dimensional Geometry, Calculus, Probability, Relation & Function. So prepare accordingly.
• Admit card: In any case, do not forget to carry your admit card. Without it, you won’t be allowed to appear for the exam
• Read carefully: About 15 minutes’ time will be provided for reading the question paper. You should also check the marks assigned to each question
• Do not forget stationery: You will be required to make some diagrams. So, carry pencils, scales, sharpener and eraser.
Relax and practice, practice, practice to excel in your maths exam. On the day of the exam, plan to show up at least 30 minutes earlier than the exam time. Keep calm and do not panic if someone tells you something you don’t know. Most likely, they did the same as you, learned very well what they already knew. Also, try to review your note cards. Start the exam with the questions you already know and leave the rest at the end. Always keep calm and stay positive and confident of your final preparation for math and focus on one goal that you can do it.
(Aggarwal is a maths teacher at Manav Rachna International School, Faridabad. Views expressed here are personal.)
First Published: Mar 17, 2018 16:16 IST