Meg White got engaged
The White Stripes drummer is set to wed guitarist Jackson Smith son of punk rocker Patti Smith and her late musician husband Fred Smith - in a ceremony later this year.
Her representative said: "I can confirm Meg and Jackson will be married some time this year."
Meg who met Jackson last summer is keen for the day to be as private as possible and has chosen to tie the knot in Nashville to try and avoid attention.
A source said: “They don’t want it to be a circus. They want it to be about the two of them.”
Meg who was previously married to bandmate Jack White, who she divorced in 2005 is notoriously shy and in September 2007 the White Stripes were forced to cancel all their tour dates for the year because she was suffering from "acute anxiety".
A statement released by the band at the time said: "The White Stripes have cancelled all remaining tour dates through the end of the year due to health issues. They thank you for your understanding and well wishes.
"Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time. The White Stripes sincerely apologise to their fans."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Aishwaryaa Dhanush took to Instagram and shared a picture with her son Lingaa and urged followers to wear a mask.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- Interior designer Gauri Khan shared a throwback picture with actor-husband Shah Rukh Khan. See it here.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.