Ravi Krishnan Khajuria
A principal correspondent, Ravi Krishnan Khajuria is the bureau chief at Jammu. He covers politics, defence, crime, health and civic issues for Jammu city.
Articles by Ravi Krishnan Khajuria
PUBLISHED ON MAR 03, 2021 09:35 AM IST
The leaders apprised Gandhi about the current state of affairs on the political front and the activities of the party in Jammu and Kashmir, said an official statement issued here
UPDATED ON MAR 03, 2021 01:38 AM IST
Led by JKPCC general secretary Shahnawaz Choudhary, party workers earlier in the day burnt Azad’s effigy and staged a protest against him outside the Jammu Press Club, while those from the Youth Congress and the NSUI sought his removal from the party
PUBLISHED ON MAR 02, 2021 09:52 PM IST
- Ghulam Nabi Azad detractors and supporters in the Jammu and Kashmir Pradesh Committee accused each other of acting at the behest of the BJP.
UPDATED ON MAR 02, 2021 04:35 PM IST
Shahnawaz Choudhary, a general secretary of Congress in Jammu & Kashmir, accused Azad of acting on Modi’s behest. He said Azad did not come to J&K for the DDC election campaign last year but praised Modi, who snatched the region’s statehood
PUBLISHED ON MAR 02, 2021 02:11 AM IST
n the second phase, senior citizens above 60 years of age and those with comorbidities between 45 to 59 years were required to get registered
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:40 AM IST
Addressing a function by Gujjar Desh Charitable Trust in Jammu, the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister said people should learn from the PM about how one remains grounded to their roots.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 02:19 AM IST
On February 9, the PM had given an emotional farewell speech to Azad when the latter had retired from the Rajya Sabha.
UPDATED ON FEB 28, 2021 09:59 PM IST
- “I want the Congress party to be strong. I want the Congress to unite and fight the divisive forces," he said.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 01:43 AM IST
Last August, the 23 leaders wrote a letter to Congress president Sonia Gandhi in which they called for “full-time and effective leadership”, elections to the Congress Working Committee (CWC), and a mechanism to guide the party’s revival.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 08:00 PM IST
- Congress leader Kapil Sibal said the party needed the services of Ghulam Nabi Azad who recently retired from the Rajya Sabha, to strengthen it.
UPDATED ON FEB 26, 2021 03:31 PM IST
Former legislative assembly speaker Tara Chand, former J&K Congress president Peerzada Mohammad Sayed, former minister GM Saroori, Jugal Kishore, Ghulam Nabi Monga, Subhash Gupta and Naresh Gupta had lined up on the airport road to welcome Azad
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 07:25 AM IST
“The havaldar belongs to Punjab. He has been arrested and is being interrogated. He has passed classified data electronically to his handlers in Pakistan,” a person aware of the matter said.
UPDATED ON FEB 25, 2021 09:21 AM IST
The people said the soldier’s identity was being withheld as a probe in the case is underway. He is from an infantry regiment posted at the army’s Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur
UPDATED ON FEB 20, 2021 08:27 PM IST
- The Jammu airport will be for civilian flight from 6 am to 1 pm with the last flight departure at 12.50 pm from March 10 to April 19.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 19, 2021 09:37 AM IST
- In Jammu, the envoys met woman sarpanches, Jammu Mayor, members of West Pak Refugees Action Committee, Valmiki community and others
UPDATED ON FEB 19, 2021 03:55 AM IST
In a vote of thanks, Eritrea Ambassador, Alem Tsehaye Woldermariam remarked that “Change is visible in Jammu Kashmir” and that “Envoys’ visit to J&K is an eye opener and improved the understanding of important issues concerning Jammu & Kashmir”.
UPDATED ON FEB 18, 2021 10:09 PM IST
- He asked the IAF to work out a solution with the AAI and stated that the airport closure plan was not desirable.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 03:28 PM IST
- Persistent and coordinated joint search by Indian Army and police, duly supported by local intelligence units, led to the successful unearthing of weapons.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 03:12 PM IST
On the first day of their visit on Wednesday, the envoys interacted with elected representatives of all political parties in Srinagar
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 12:32 PM IST
- Jammu and Kashmir chief secretary BVR Subrahmanyam said the closure would mean diverting flights to Punjab which would result in various logistical issues.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 16, 2021 02:19 PM IST
- Qazi Waseem was arrested from Chandigarh and brought to Jammu on Monday.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 14, 2021 07:07 PM IST
- Police said the al-Badr man who was arrested is a resident of Pulwama and is a student at a nursing college in Chandigarh.
UPDATED ON FEB 15, 2021 03:50 AM IST
- The IED recovery comes close on the heels of the arrest of two top terrorists from Kunjwani in Jammu and Bari Brahmana area of Samba districts
UPDATED ON FEB 13, 2021 11:34 PM IST
- Zakir Hussain was booked by the police after his “highly objectionable” audio clip, mocking Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Indian Army.
UPDATED ON FEB 12, 2021 02:08 PM IST
- The framework will be capable of being linked to any existing or future flood flow forecasting system, according to a spokesperson of J&K administration.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 10, 2021 12:50 PM IST
- Mankotia apologised to the party leaders and workers that he could not consult them and added that he had 'very less time' and hence had to take the call.
UPDATED ON FEB 07, 2021 10:39 AM IST
- Police said they intercepted the terrorist when he was driving on the outskirts of Jammu.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 06, 2021 02:46 PM IST
Speaking at a ceremony to honour gallant soldiers at Mamun Cantonment in Punjab's Pathankot, lieutenant general RP Singh complimented formations and units of the Western Command for their excellent performance in all spheres of military activity during the preceding year.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 05, 2021 01:07 AM IST
Another engineering marvel Anji Bridge, the country’s first cable-stayed bridge, will be ready by December 2022 Salient features of Chenab bridge It has been designed by consultants from Finland and Germany. Made with 63mm thick special blast proof steel, it is a ‘blast proof’ bridge. It can withstand earthquakes of Zone 5 category and strong winds. It will have monitoring and warning systems at both ends. It will have sensors to check wind speed. Once completed, it will have allied facilities to attract tourists. Salient features of Chenab bridge
PUBLISHED ON JAN 30, 2021 12:07 PM IST
- According to the Central Bureau of Investigation, which has probed the case, the accused kidnapped Rubaiya Sayeed to get five terrorists released. It has said Malik plotted and executed the kidnapping with the help of his associates. Rubaiya Sayeed was released on December 13, 1989.