Delhi schools for classes 10, 12 to reopen from Jan 18
The Delhi government on Wednesday announced to open schools for classes 10 and 12 from January 18 in the view of board exams. However, sending the child to school is completely optional for parents, it added.
This will be the first time that the Delhi government allowed the opening of schools since March 19, 2020, when educational institutions shut down ahead of the first lockdown due to coronavirus outbreak.
Several states have already opened schools with precautionary measures.
"In order to conduct activities pertaining to pre-board preparation and practical work, the Government and Government aided/unaided schools may call students of Class 10 and 12 only to school from 18th January," the Delhi Government said.
However, the government said that the student should be called to school only with the consent of parents.
"While the records of children coming to school be maintained, the same should not be used for attendance purpose as sending the child to school is completely optional for parents," it said.
Delhi is witnessing a declining trend of fresh COVID-19 infections for the past several weeks. At present, there are 3,179 active coronavirus cases, 6,17,006 patients have recovered and 10,707 succumbed to the disease.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education on Monday declared class 12 annual 2020 (Regular) Kashmir division results in which 82% students passed.
- JEE main result 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the entrance examination will be able to check their JEE main results 2021 online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JKBOSE class 12 results for Kashmir division: Students who have appeared in the JKBOSE class 12 board examination can check their results online at jkbose.ac.in.
- JEE main result 2021: Once the results are out, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Mains 2021 February session exam will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the final answer key of JEE main February 2021 examination.
- Over 6.88 lakh candidates have applied for UPPSC's combined state/upper subordinate services examination 2021, commonly known as PCS exam, and assistant conservator of forest /range forest officer services examination 2021, say UPPSC officials.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon declare the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) uploaded Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) answer key and question paper 2021 on Sunday, March 7.
- JEE main results 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the JEE mains 2021 examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.