‘Verdict doesn’t concern Sanstha’
Sanatan Sanstha has said the organisation had no role in the Thane blasts and Monday’s judgement has no bearing on them.mumbai Updated: Aug 30, 2011 00:58 IST
Sanatan Sanstha has said the organisation had no role in the Thane blasts and Monday’s judgement has no bearing on them.
Two members of the organisation have been convicted for the blasts case, which took place in 2008.
Abhay Vijay Vartak, the spokesperson for the organisation, told the Hindustan Times that the investigating agencies had not named the organisation in their charge sheet.
“We forgot about the case from the day that the charge sheet was filed. It did not concern us,” Vartak said. He added that the charge sheet itself had never linked the organisation with the blast.
“Those named in the blast had been members of the organisation. We do not deny that. However, the sanstha had no role in the blasts so the verdict has nothing to do with us,” Vartak added.
He said the organisation has never been involved in any kind of anti-national activity.
The organisation has maintained that they have never been involved in any kind of terror activities. The name of the organisation had cropped up in the Madgaon blast as well.
The organisation, in the past, had claimed that certain politicians have been trying to malign its name for political gains. A proposal by the state police to ban the organisation is pending with the government.