- A CBI team on Sunday served notices to Rujira Banerjee, Abhishek’s wife, and Gambhir to join the probe in the coal scam.
Published on Feb 22, 2021 08:41 AM IST
The PM is scheduled to flag off the extension of the city’s north-south Metro corridor from Noapara to Dakshineshwar along with a slew of other railway projects and also address a public rally in Hooghly district
Updated on Feb 22, 2021 08:33 AM IST
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Smriti Sinha
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch several projects on Monday in Assam—his third visit to the poll-bound state in a month
Published on Feb 22, 2021 08:14 AM IST
"The vote share in 2016 was around 15%; it went up in the Lok Sabha elections and then further up in the local body polls," he said.
Updated on Feb 22, 2021 03:36 PM IST
By Smriti Kak Ramachandran, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
His wife, Rujira Banerjee, was not in the house when the five-member CBI team arrived around 2pm, according to people aware of the developments.
Updated on Feb 22, 2021 02:41 AM IST
Speaking on the occasion of his party Makkal Needhi Maiam's fourth foundation day celebrations at a private college here, Haasan also hinted he might consider an invite for alliance with the DMK if it came directly from the top leadership.
Published on Feb 22, 2021 12:01 AM IST
- On Monday, Gandhi will inaugurate Kudumbashree Sangamon at Poothadi, a village near Kenichira in Wayanad at 10 am.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 10:46 PM IST
"As long as there is life in me, I will not be afraid of any intimidation," Banerjee said at a programme in Kolkata on International Mother Language Day, according to news agency PTI.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 08:26 PM IST
Speaking at an event marking the International Mother Language Day, she hit out at leaders at the Centre and said those who threaten to break the spine of Bengal do not know that it is not an easy thing to do.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 07:41 PM IST
Written by Prashasti Singh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The TMC shared the original video's parody targeting the BJP over state assembly elections slated for later this year. “Yeh @BJP4Bengal hai. Yeh unki jansabha hai. Aur yahaan inki pawri ho rahi hai!” the TMC tweeted.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 02:50 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Kanishka Sarkar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
The BJP is trying to bribe voters by promising them money under the PM Kisan Scheme, the Diamond Harbour MP, who is also the nephew of West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee, alleged.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 09:51 AM IST
PTI | , Nagrakata
The fate of the Congress-led government in the Union territory hangs in the balance and will be determined on Monday.
Updated on Feb 21, 2021 09:14 AM IST
Yash Dasgupta said maintaining the balance between his work and politics will not be a problem for him.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 08:08 AM IST
ANI | , Kolkata
“The poll bugle has been sounded and this time we would reach out to the people with a slogan ‘Bangla Nijer Meyekei Chay’,” said Subrata Bakshi, general secretary of TMC.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 03:24 AM IST
By Joydeep Thakur, Kolkata
The cabinet also formed a one-member committee comprising principal secretary JB Ekka to look into ways in which a similar hike can be done in small tea gardens of the state.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 03:06 AM IST
By Utpal Parashar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Chatterjee was made the minister of science and technology from 2011 to 2016. He won the elections for the second time in 2016 but was not given any ministerial berth.
Published on Feb 21, 2021 12:20 AM IST
- The plan to leave occupied seats for the alliance partner was reportedly devised at the meeting held recently. While the number of such seats has not been finalized yet, sources in both parties said it could be anywhere between 5 to 10 seats.
Published on Feb 20, 2021 11:04 PM IST
- Political analysts said that the makeover of TMC chief Mamata Banerjee from didi (elder sister) to Nijer Meye (own daughter) was aimed at strengthening the special bond which Banerjee shares with women voters.
Published on Feb 20, 2021 09:44 PM IST
The slogan emphasises on the 'insider-outsider' debate and portrays Mamata Banerjee as the daughter whom Bengal will vote again to power.
Updated on Feb 20, 2021 03:44 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh
- Tamil people love Modi-ji. Modi-ji also cares about Tamil makkal (people). Once we are able to convert that faith into votes, our party will emerge, says CT Ravi
Updated on Feb 20, 2021 11:51 AM IST
By Divya Chandrababu, Hindustan Times, Chennai
- Shah talked of the BJP’s yet to be named chief ministerial candidate while criticizing Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee for branding BJP leaders visiting Bengal from other states as bohiragato or outsiders.
Updated on Feb 19, 2021 07:25 PM IST
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Sohini Sarkar
- Sreedharan said that he is "certainly" ready to be the chief minister if the party wants him to be after coming to power.
Published on Feb 19, 2021 03:24 PM IST
PTI | , New Delhi
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) lodged a strong protest saying that Congress has never associated itself with 'Indian values' and the party's promise of 'dating destinations' will promote 'Love Jihad'.
Published on Feb 19, 2021 12:46 PM IST
ANI | , Vadodara
What Modi has done for Tamil Nadu helps us. That will also build the party. Modi has directly connected with the Tamil Nadu people, says BJP’s Tamil Nadu in-charge CT Ravi
Updated on Feb 19, 2021 02:02 PM IST
By Divya Chandrababu
While the Prime Minister is scheduled to flag off the extension of the city’s north-south Metro corridor from Noapara to Dakshineshwar on February 22, he is again expected in the state to address a rally from the Brigade Parade Ground in Kolkata on March 7
Updated on Feb 19, 2021 10:29 AM IST
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Smriti Sinha
Out of 89 village panchayats in the limits of the Kuppam assembly constituency, YSRCP supported candidates bagged 74 seats in village panchayats, a party spokesperson said.
Published on Feb 19, 2021 06:14 AM IST
ANI | , Amaravati
At his event organised to flag off the BJP’s fifth and last “Poriborton Rath Yatra (rally for change)”, Shah launched a fresh offensive on Abhishek, a parliamentarian from Diamond Harbour in South 24-Parganas, and said “bhaipo (nephew) and his goons” misappropriated central funds sent to Bengal.
Published on Feb 19, 2021 03:47 AM IST
The response from the Railways came after chief minister Mamata Banerjee said that since the attack on Jakir Hossain took place on its premises, it has to answer.
Updated on Feb 18, 2021 03:26 PM IST
- Shah also said that it is not BJP's aim to bring their government into the state by removing Banerjee, instead, they "want a change" in the situation of the state.
Published on Feb 18, 2021 03:11 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Shivani, New Delhi