bahujan samaj party news]
Latest from bahujan samaj party
UP bypoll results: The Bharatiya Janata Party wrested Rampur and Azamgarh from the Samajwadi Party. BJP's Dinesh Lal Yadav ‘Nirahua’ won Azamgarh, while saffron party candidate Ghanshyam Lodhi defeated Azam Khan's aide Asim Raja in Rampur.
Published on Jun 27, 2022 10:08 AM IST
HT News Desk | Written by Aryan Prakash
The BSP chief accused BJP-led state governments of targeting the poor, Dalits, Adivasis and Muslims and harassment of its political opponents.
Published on May 12, 2022 02:00 PM IST
HT News Desk | Edited by Kunal Gaurav
- Proponents of social justice politics must demonstrate sincere accountability towards worse-off social groups and ensure their dignified presence in the mainstream political process.
Published on Mar 29, 2022 07:44 PM IST
After the assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Goa and Manipur concluded, all eyes are now on the Presidential polls. President Ram Nath Kovind's tenure ends on July 24 and the polls must be concluded before that date.
Published on Mar 27, 2022 06:32 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Aryan Prakash
Uttar Pradesh assembly election 2022: Taking to Twitter, the former chief minister accused the media of harming the BSP's prospects in the recently-held polls by being ‘casteist and hateful’ towards the party.
Published on Mar 12, 2022 12:06 PM IST
- With 87,887 votes in his kitty, Uma Shankar Singh defeated SP ally Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party's Mahendra, and BJP's Babban from Rasara constituency.
Updated on Mar 11, 2022 09:50 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Aryan Prakash, New Delhi
- The BJP went to this election cycle as the incumbent in four out of five states, and faced double anti-incumbency: it was in power in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa as well as the centre.
Published on Mar 11, 2022 09:52 AM IST
Roshan KishoreAbhishek Jha
- BSP chief Mayawati said that higher number of votes will ensure Uttar Pradesh gets rid of the “casteist, communal…hateful and arrogant thinking government”.
Updated on Mar 07, 2022 09:52 AM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, New Delhi
- Union home minister Amit Shah said if the BJP regains power in Uttar Pradesh, it will give a cylinder to every household in the state during Holi and Diwali. He also promised to make electricity free for farmers for the next five years, and give a scooty to all girls who pass class 12.
Published on Feb 19, 2022 07:16 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Swati Bhasin, New Delhi
- Her supporters believe that her role as king or kingmaker is crucial this election. Will she side with the BJP if the party needs her or will she slink into political irrelevance? March 10 will tell us.
Published on Feb 17, 2022 10:50 AM IST
The BSP supremo accused the Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party of limiting the development work to a particular community under their regime.
Updated on Feb 16, 2022 06:29 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Ishika Yadav | Edited by Aryan Prakash
- Maintaining his dig at Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav, Union home minister Amit Shah said the former will play a game of “red light and green light” in Uttar Pradesh wherein he will show red light to development and green light to mafias.
Updated on Feb 02, 2022 06:09 PM IST
Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, New Delhi
- Adityanath is contesting the Assembly polls from his home turf Gorakhpur which has long been a BJP bastion. Akhilesh Yadav has also chosen to contest polls from SP stronghold Karhal constituency in Mainpuri.
Published on Jan 29, 2022 05:16 PM IST
Agra, with its nine seats in the district, has come to be known for two things. For the Taj Mahal. And, in politics, as the Dalit capital of Uttar Pradesh, fuelled by the 21% of its population that belongs to the scheduled caste.
- The BSP heads into the 2022 elections with the baggage of four consecutive electoral setbacks. Where did its political script go wrong? There are four inter-related explanations.
Updated on Jan 17, 2022 10:38 PM IST
Mayawati is currently busy finalising the list of candidates for the assembly elections in Lucknow, reported Livehindustan. On the instructions of the BSP chief, the party's national general secretary Satish Chandra Mishra is holding a conference on all the reserved seats of the state.
Published on Dec 23, 2021 05:58 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Ali took to Twitter to announce that he tested positive for Covid despite being fully vaccinated, urging everyone who came in contact to isolate themselves and get tested.
Published on Dec 21, 2021 04:37 PM IST
The two parties have entered into an alliance for next year's assembly elections in Punjab.
Published on Dec 13, 2021 06:47 PM IST
Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati said the Centre and state governments need to review whether they are following the Constitution with honesty and integrity.
Published on Nov 26, 2021 05:51 PM IST
Written by Srivatsan K C | Edited by Sohini Goswami, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Underlining that the decision was delayed, the BSP chief also demanded compensation from the Centre to farmers who lost their lives over a year of the agitation.
Published on Nov 19, 2021 01:44 PM IST
The former UP said on Twitter that Mishra was put under house arrest last night itself as he was scheduled to lead a BSP delegation to violence-hit Lakhimpur Kheri.
Published on Oct 04, 2021 09:17 AM IST
The BSP MLA is heard in the now-viral video asking the assembled villagers about the amount of money they had to pay to the officials.
Updated on Sep 28, 2021 10:29 AM IST
The appeal was filed during the regime of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati (2007-12) after the Allahabad high court held in April 2010 that the state could not have passed a law assuming the power to close down the sugar mills or change the land use where the sugar factories stood.
Published on Sep 28, 2021 01:18 AM IST
Utkarsh Anand, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Mayawati has also addressed the ‘Prabudh Varg Sammelan’ aimed at garnering the support of intellectuals, especially Brahmins, ahead of the Uttar assmebly elections in 2022.
Published on Sep 10, 2021 11:29 AM IST
- Addressing a meeting of the party's office bearers, the BSP chief said that due to the rigid stand of the Centre, the governments in BJP-ruled states are in a way considering the farmers their opponent.
Published on Aug 31, 2021 11:54 PM IST
PTI | | Posted by Sharangee Dutta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Mayawati, chief of the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), said that the 'Brahmin Sammelan' campaign will be launched to assure the Brahmin community that their interests will remain safe under a prospective BSP regime.
Published on Jul 23, 2021 08:23 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Hitting out at the Akhilesh Yadav-led SP over its “verbal opposition” to the Yogi Adityanath government in the state, Mayawati said the former was known for similar abuses of power to win elections.
Published on Jul 09, 2021 04:18 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Sohini Goswami, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- "The C in Congress actually stands for 'cunning' party which left Bahujans helpless and made them slaves.." tweets Mayawati
Updated on Jul 04, 2021 06:31 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati, on the other hand, criticised Congress, Samajwadi Party and the ruling BJP governments for misusing the police and official machinery during their reign
Updated on Jul 03, 2021 05:42 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Sharangee Dutta | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh
- Mayawati clarified that the party is not against commemorating Ambedkar but objects to electoral deception by laying the foundation stone so close to poll dates.
Updated on Jun 29, 2021 06:17 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Edited by Ayshee Bhaduri, Hindustan Times, New Delhi