world test championship]
Former pacer Balwinder Singh Sandhu, a 1983 World Cup winner, expressed his disappointment over India's bowling line-up and stated that the pacers needed to make the batsmen play off the front foot.
Updated on Jun 29, 2021 04:49 PM IST
- Kyle Jamieson who dismissed India captain Virat Kohli in both innings of the WTC final, said it was the ‘toughest period of Test cricket’ that he has been a part of.
Updated on Jun 29, 2021 01:46 PM IST
- What’s a World XI minus a surprise? There were a few in Aakash Chopra’s XI to take on WTC winners New Zealand. For starters, there was no Virat Kohli. Chopra's team however, had three Indians in it.
Published on Jun 29, 2021 10:57 AM IST
Cricketer-turned-commentator Chopra did not fail to point out that even if Gill wasn't selected, the next-in-line batsman was Mayank Agarwal and not KL Rahul.
Published on Jun 29, 2021 08:55 AM IST
New Zealand captain Kane Williamson said that both of them have known each other for a long time as called him as ‘a mate’.
Updated on Jun 29, 2021 09:32 AM IST
New Zealand defeated India in the World Test Championship final by eight wickets to claim the trophy.
Updated on Jun 28, 2021 09:23 PM IST
Kane Williamson said that the early wickets Virat Kohli and Cheteshwar Pujara set up the chances of a result in the reserve day.
Published on Jun 28, 2021 04:31 PM IST
Reacting to India's loss in WTC Final, former captain Kapil Dev said the media often goes harsh on the team after a bad game and tends to overlook the better performance in the past.
Published on Jun 28, 2021 11:04 AM IST
Pakistan wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal believes that Kohli is a wonderful leader and backed him to continue as Indian captain.
Updated on Jun 28, 2021 11:25 AM IST
Coming into the World Test Championship final at the Ageas Bowl, expectations were high of Cheteshwar Pujara, but he only managed to score 8 and 15 in the two innings.
Updated on Jun 28, 2021 07:31 AM IST
There have been questions raised around the selection of players for the final while criticism has been levelled at some of the senior cricketers of the team that failed to perform at the crucial stage.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 06:59 PM IST
- Former captain Sachin Tendulkar rued India's lack of partnerships on Day 6 of the World Test Championship, saying India needed at least one big stand first up if they wished to escape with a draw or put New Zealand under pressure.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 01:29 PM IST
- Although India could not be crowned the World Champions of Test cricket, Sourav Ganguly was extremely pleased with what the team has achieved in the span of two years, and lauded the chief contributors of their run up to the WTC final.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 01:27 PM IST
- Pacer Neil Wagner disclosed the meaning behind India captain Virat Kohli's 'shush finger' celebrations during the World Test Championship final against New Zealand in Southampton.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 09:27 AM IST
- Even though India did not have a great chance of winning the World Test Championship final once their batting capitulated on the final day, the fact that India dropped two catches did not help their case.
Published on Jun 27, 2021 08:34 AM IST
- Aakash Chopra has said that Rishabh Pant’s attacking approach in India’s second innings in the WTC final had a lot to do with self-belief against the swinging ball or his attempt to do justice to his reputation of being a game-changer.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 09:38 AM IST
- The fast-bowling trio, which was picked in the form of Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami and Jasprit Bumrah couldn't deliver as they combined to pick up seven wickets in the match.
Published on Jun 27, 2021 07:22 AM IST
- New Zealand pacer Neil Wagner recently stated that the Kiwis win over India in the WTC final is 'the pinnacle of the game' for him.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 09:35 PM IST
Describing the scenes back home, New Zealand fast bowler Neil Wagner said he never got greeted at the customs like they he was after returning as a WTC winner.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 09:35 PM IST
- Nasser Hussain wants the Indian team management to fly Bhuvneshwar Kumar to England for the five-Test series starting August 4.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 12:11 PM IST
- Former India batsman Kirti Azad has ridiculed the notion that India lacked fire or killer instinct following their eight-wicket-defeat in the final of the World Test Championship.
Published on Jun 26, 2021 11:21 AM IST
- Tim Paine had said that India 'will win pretty comfortably if they play anywhere near their best', but had to take back his words when The BlackCaps were crowned the World Champions of Test cricket
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 12:40 PM IST
- Former India batsman Gagan Khoda feels Mohammed Siraj should have played the WTC final ahead of Ishant Sharma and said Bhuvneshwar Kumar should have been in England.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 03:45 PM IST
- Former India batsman, captain and chief selector, Dilip Vengsarkar felt there was a lack of 'intent' shown by India at the World Test Championship final.
Published on Jun 26, 2021 08:43 AM IST
- Virat Kohli's failure came under a lot of criticism, but former India batsman Arun Lal has come to his defence saying it's unfair to blame the India skipper alone since all Indian batsmen found it tough facing the Dukes ball in England.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 10:57 AM IST
- Former Australia batsman Michael Bevan has listed some of the reasons behind Team India's lacklustre performance against New Zealand at the Ageas Bowl.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 09:11 AM IST
- Mohinder Amarnath hailed the Indian skipper stating that a player like Virat Kohli comes once in a generation and that he sees shades of Viv Richards and Ricky Ponting in him.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 07:59 AM IST
New Zealand head coach Gary Stead said his team had hoped of batting a little longer in the first innings, keeping in mind the capabilities of Indian spin duo Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.
Updated on Jun 26, 2021 12:10 AM IST
By hindustantimes.com, New Zealand
Southee picked up four wickets in the second innings as New Zealand bowled out India for just 170 runs. Then Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor ensured that New Zealand did not have any hiccups in becoming the first-ever WTC champions.
Published on Jun 25, 2021 06:38 PM IST
By hindustantimes.com, Southampton
Former selector Gagan Khoda said that Shubman Gill is a middle-order batsman and ‘not an opener’. He further stated that the team management could have considered the likes of Agarwal and Prithvi Shaw.
Updated on Jun 25, 2021 09:01 PM IST